Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Enchanted Flute by Nichelle Gregory


Today, I'm excited to welcome new and first time author Nichelle Gregory to Paranormal Romantics. I first became aware of her when she was still an aspiring writer and it's just so cool she's now published!

SS: Tell me a little about yourself. How long have you been writing? Have you always wanted to be a writer?

NG: Yes, but it took me awhile to get it! I began journaling as a pre-teen which led to writing poetry, songs and eventually short stories. I began my first full-length manuscript in high school, but got discouraged and put it away. Focusing on music in college, I still found time to write as another creative outlet. Almost two years ago, I decided to get serious about my writing again. I was determined to become an author.

SS: What genre do you like to write best in and why?

NG: Anything that has to do with romance! I like to write heart-melting sweet romance and hot erotic fiction. I’m interested in writing passionate stories across many genres, my favorite being fairytales, paranormal and everyday fantasies.

SS: How do you find ideas for your books?

NG: The ideas come from all directions … music, television, secret fantasies and my husband! I’ve learned that many other writers are insomniacs and I am too. My mind won’t shut off some nights with new characters and stories formulating in my head. I love to fall asleep thinking about a story. Sometimes the plot reveals itself in my dreams and I wake up feverishly writing before my moment of clarity fades.

SS: Isn't that the truth? How difficult is it for you to get into “writer’s mode”?

NG: Being a full-time mommy usually takes up ALL of my time during the day. I try to write snippets between the snatches of time they are up, but when they go to bed I close myself off to write until late into the night. This can be tough when I’ve had a particularly stressful day and my mind is mush. On those nights, I read other authors books or blogs and that usually sparks my creative side again.

SS: Tell me a little about your book.

NG: The Enchanted Flute is the first in a series of short story fairytales entitled Erotic Enchantments. It’s a sexy fast-paced magical tale that circles the gamut of human emotions involving the heart. There’s desire, passion, rage and heartbreak as my heroine and hero both learn how to love.

SS: Nice! How did the inspiration for this work come to you?

NG: My husband plays the flute and when he’s in the zone, it’s hard to break his concentration. He was playing one night as I was trying to talk to him, but I could see that he hadn’t heard one word I said because the beloved flute had his full attention. In that moment, the idea behind The Enchanted Flute was born!

SS: Kudos to your hubby for inspiration! You’ve recently signed with a new publisher. Can you tell me about that?

NG: I am so happy to be working with Noble Romance Publishing, home to many talented authors! As a newbie author, I’ve got a lot to learn about the business and I’m thankful to have such a supportive team behind my work.

SS: What is your next project?

NG: I’m currently working on a very hot full-length paranormal romance and several short stories.


SS: What else would you like to share?

NG: You can find out more information about me and my work at http://www.nichellegregory.com or http://www.simplysexystories.blogspot.com!
Buy link: https://www.nobleromance.com/ItemDisplay.aspx?i=75

Blurb for The Enchanted Flute: When a beautiful enchantress awakens from her slumber to soul-stirring music, she reveals herself to the gifted, gorgeous flutist playing nearby. Lanai is at once attracted to Arye and moved by his melodies. After a sizzling night of sex, the enchantress realizes she’s fallen in love for the first time.

Lanai offers her love to the Arye, a man that has never loved anything more than his flute. Although, the enchantress could use magic to win his heart, she wants him to love her on his own. Heartbroken and bitter, she casts a powerful spell over the flutist instrument that causes listeners to act out whatever emotion Ayre is feeling at the moment and disappears.

Unable to control his thoughts and fearful of harming his adoring audience, Ayre now only plays his enchanted flute when he is alone. Angry and determined, he spends his time searching for Lanai. Years go by and Ayre begins to give up hope that he will ever find the woman that consumes his thoughts and fuels his lustful desires. When he finally stumbles across the enchantress, Ayre is torn between fury and desire…or is it love?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you for the excellent interview with Nichelle Gregory & thank you Nichelle for sharing. I enjoyed discovering a new (to me) writer! I really liked learning about Nichelle and her writing. Thank you for including the blurb. THE ENCHANTED FLUTE sounds like a great read. It's on my ToBeRead list now.
Thanks again,
Love & Best Wishes,
RKCharron
xoxo
PS - Posted about this interview on my blog I loved it so much!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Thanks! I'm glad I could bring her to you :-)

Annie Nicholas said...

I love it when a story has a touch of the writer's true life in it.

J Hali Steele said...

Sounds like an excellent story. Thanks for having her here, Sandi.

Bryl R. Tyne said...

Excellent interview, Nichelle. I enjoyed learning about the inspiration behind The Enchanted Flute. Much success to you and your writing!

~Bryl

Nichelle Gregory said...

Thank you all for supporting my debut release! And a huge THANK YOU to Sandy!
;0)Nichelle

Rebecca Royce said...

Congratulations on your debut. Great interview!