- 2013 (99)
- 2012 (299)
- 2011 (392)
- Change is a constant in life
- The Big 'D'
- The Good, Bad and Scary of my Muse...
- Paranormal Romantics Update
- Paranormal Theology
- Cliff-hangers – Love em’ or hate em’????
- ACE OF SPADES
- Some Thoughts...
- The Road Less Traveled or the Well Traveled Path?
- Werewolf or Vampire?
- Why do you read?
- Musical Chairs
- Sort of letting the team down today...
- The Sweet Taste of Success
- Nothing Abnormal about the Paranormal
- How Happily Do You Like Your After?
- It's Furday...
- I'll read it if you tell me to
- A contest within a contest
- The unusual suspect a.c.Mason. Sweet tooth and all...
- Going to the Dark Side
- Welcome Charisma Knight
- The Flight Down
- 2009 (174)
Monday, April 19, 2010
A long, long time ago in a land far, far away four children climbed into a wardrobe to hide from a mean governess and fell into a new world.
I was HOOKED.
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was the first book I read from cover to cover without being told to do it by either parent or teacher. Something clicked during this journey through Narnia. I finished the book and thought, ‘So this is why people read.’ It was an important AHA moment in my life.
I think many people miss or by pass this moment, which is sad. I know more people who don’t read than do.
For me, reading is a chance of adventure. To be someone else. When I read my focus narrows and all around me tends to fade. It drives my husband crazy when I sit in my chair and laugh or cry at what I’m reading.
Why do you read?