Friday, May 7, 2010

It's Friday...

And I have no idea what I'm doing today! Ooh...RT, I had a blast and enjoyed spending time with Annie Nicholas. It was our first time meeting in person. Pictures, here you go:

Okay, I didn't take any, not a single one. I stood in line all of 5 minutes for a signed copy of a very publicized release and eventually gave my ticket away to a reader who was far behind me and she was ecstatic. I just couldn't give more time to that venture with so many great authors around. I'll get a copy later.

I stayed over Sunday for the first time to relax and enjoy the pajama party as a reader, but I got pulled out of line to help as an author with the mix and match game. The pj party was excellently hosted by Resplendence Publishing and they showed the Twilight movies (I'd seen both and still enjoyed them the second time around.) By the way, I'm camp Edward.

They always have such great giveaways, but here's the list (I know you're dying to know *grins*) of what I bought at the Saturday book sale.

I bought a book totally out of my normal reading fare! F. Paul Wilson's The Touch, from his Adversary Cycle, and I can't wait to read it.

Cat Grant's Triad, book five from The Courtland Chronicles. She does really delicious men! And you have to see the cover of this book:


I got Patrice Michelle's Anticipation and Seduction, two books in one--I just love her stories. And I have Cindy Spencer Pape's Djinni and the Geek.

So, I've got lots of good books for the summer and only need to find time to sit on my porch, enjoy my flowers, and READ!

Until then, I intend to: Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

6 comments:

J Hali Steele said...

I'm cheating but, go see Annie's pictures at http://paranormalromantics.blogspot.com/2010/05/what-i-learned-at-rt.html

Sandra Sookoo said...

Glad you had a good time, Joann :-)

Rebecca Royce said...

Wish I could have been there with you guys!

J Hali Steele said...

Thanks Sandi and Rebecca, looking forward to the opportunity to meet you guys!

Annie Nicholas said...

Cindy Spencer Pape rocks. She so made my Expo experience fun. That convention got me focused.

J Hali Steele said...

Cindy does ROCK! She taught me the ropes at my first signing at RomantiCon last year--I'm so glad they placed her in "S"!

Meeting so many readers and authors is a boost!