- 2013 (98)
- 2012 (299)
- 2011 (392)
- Living in the Past
- The Outsiders
- What is the void? A little deep for Monday, you ...
- The horrid skip through...
- Chapter 4, Part 2
- It's Friday...
- Where It Counts
- I Hold these Truths to be Self-evident
- Next Up....
- High School Crush
- Originally posted on May 28th. I know, it really...
- When Souls Collide Chapter 4 Part 1
- It's Furday...
- When You Didn't Know You Could
- Learning Curves revisited
- I'll Be Back....
- Bald is Beautiful Re-Run
- Do you need a happy ending?
- When Souls Collide Chapter 3, Part 2
- It's Friday...
- Up For the Task?
- Life and other incomprehensible puzzles
- Oh the Places I've Been...
- Re-Run on Ghosts and Poltergeists and Spirits. Oh ...
- Paranormal Romance Rocks!!!
- When Souls Collide Chapter 3, Part 1
- REMEMBER THIS?
- Going Where You've Not Been Before
- Romance in a Paranormal World--ReDux
- Welcome to Westervelt
- 2009 (174)
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Howdy there! I'm one of the newer members of the Paranormal Romantics blog, Sara, so I haven't been around for the whole year. Maybe a month? LOL Since we're all talking about first posts, first books, etc. I'm continuing that theme. Last week I posted about waiting and I'm happy to report the waiting game is over for me.
I accepted an offer on Sunday. While that's not a first for me, what is a first is it's a genre I've not published in before. First and foremost, I love my paranormal romance. My vampires and Fae hold a very special place in my heart as they're the ones who started all of this for me (in fact, I'm in edits for the second book in my paranormal series while working on the third - so I love them even more right now). Science Fiction is also a passion for me since I grew up with so much of it in my life. But with this newest book, I'm venturing in a genre I've usually only read - contemporary.
I've always written characters who could "do" something but this is the first time there's nothing supernatural or out of this world. The story is extraordinary though, as are the characters. Not everyone will be comfortable with some of the sexual scenes either as they are some of the more explicit ones I've written, but that was something the characters dictated. It's a story about giving up control and learning about limits. It's also about a woman who defies stereotypes by being the one who is the geek.
So...while I can't give this book away yet - it was just contracted Monday! - I can give away my first published book, Flash of Dark, which is a paranormal romance. So leave a comment - and your email address - by Midnight EST and I'll draw a winner!
Labels: Sara Brookes