- 2013 (96)
- 2012 (299)
- 2011 (392)
- Living in the Past
- The Outsiders
- What is the void? A little deep for Monday, you ...
- The horrid skip through...
- Chapter 4, Part 2
- It's Friday...
- Where It Counts
- I Hold these Truths to be Self-evident
- Next Up....
- High School Crush
- Originally posted on May 28th. I know, it really...
- When Souls Collide Chapter 4 Part 1
- It's Furday...
- When You Didn't Know You Could
- Learning Curves revisited
- I'll Be Back....
- Bald is Beautiful Re-Run
- Do you need a happy ending?
- When Souls Collide Chapter 3, Part 2
- It's Friday...
- Up For the Task?
- Life and other incomprehensible puzzles
- Oh the Places I've Been...
- Re-Run on Ghosts and Poltergeists and Spirits. Oh ...
- Paranormal Romance Rocks!!!
- When Souls Collide Chapter 3, Part 1
- REMEMBER THIS?
- Going Where You've Not Been Before
- Romance in a Paranormal World--ReDux
- Welcome to Westervelt
- 2009 (174)
Sunday, June 27, 2010
I’m a bit sad to see the celebration go! It’s been fun month!! The final giveaway is my debut novel, “The Willow – The Magical Sword Book One”. Leave me a comment with your email address and I’ll enter you in to win a copy. The winner will be drawn Monday at 8:00 A.M. EST.
So, let’s get to it :)
The other night I was reading a mass-market novel and found myself skimming over the pages. I have to admit, I’m guilty of never reading descriptive parts. I find them unbelievably boring, and even though, I feel like I rippin’ the writer off, I just can’t commit to each word.
Sometimes I wonder why they are even there. Why the need to explain each and every detail is necessary―where they sat, how the chair felt, minuet details of the table cloth. For me, I just want dialogue, action and thoughts!! Tell me they’re at a cafe and sitting at a lone table in the corner, then go right into dialogue and I’m happy!!
I’ve always thought I write more like a “reader” then “a writer”. My books are fast paced with enough descriptions for you to imagine the world the character is in, but not enough to make you do the horrid skip through. Is it proper? Probably not. But it’s the way I like to read and ends up being the way I write.
Alright, lay it on me...how many of you are guilty of the same offense??? Or how many of you are shaking their head at me :)