- 2013 (99)
- 2012 (299)
- 2011 (392)
- Living in the Past
- The Outsiders
- What is the void? A little deep for Monday, you ...
- The horrid skip through...
- Chapter 4, Part 2
- It's Friday...
- Where It Counts
- I Hold these Truths to be Self-evident
- Next Up....
- High School Crush
- Originally posted on May 28th. I know, it really...
- When Souls Collide Chapter 4 Part 1
- It's Furday...
- When You Didn't Know You Could
- Learning Curves revisited
- I'll Be Back....
- Bald is Beautiful Re-Run
- Do you need a happy ending?
- When Souls Collide Chapter 3, Part 2
- It's Friday...
- Up For the Task?
- Life and other incomprehensible puzzles
- Oh the Places I've Been...
- Re-Run on Ghosts and Poltergeists and Spirits. Oh ...
- Paranormal Romance Rocks!!!
- When Souls Collide Chapter 3, Part 1
- REMEMBER THIS?
- Going Where You've Not Been Before
- Romance in a Paranormal World--ReDux
- Welcome to Westervelt
- 2009 (174)
Monday, June 28, 2010
7:30 AM | Posted by Annie Nicholas | | Edit Post
What is the void? A little deep for Monday, you may wonder. Pull up a chair, sip your coffee, and contemplate this question. It’s an empty place. Be it in your heart, soul, or life. It affects everyone at some point or another. Sad but true, there is a silver lining. Without the void we wouldn’t appreciate the things that fill our existence.
Why am I writing on such a dark topic?
1. This is Paranormal Romantics. LOL
2. I’m in a void.
That spot writers find themselves between books. Not a block, I know what I’m going to write next. The dead space between when you’ve finished one work and stretch and say, “Am I ready to start again? “ I’m not. My brain hurts and needs to sit back to relax for a few days. The last time I went through this, it took me a month before I could commit to a character and her story. My next manuscript will be long and soul searching so I hide in my void. Once my courage has gathered enough I will venture into a new place and get sucked back into writing again. Then the sleepless nights of typing will start but truly, I’ll be happy.
Am I the only nut on this crazy train?
I wrote this after I finished my first novel and was shopping it around. Odd but a year later I find myself in the same spot. It's not a bad thing. More like a mental holiday. I plan on hanging out here for about a week and then start something new. That's if I can figure out how to type only with my left hand. LOL
Our anniversary celebration is coming to a close. We'll be announcing our grand prize winner June 1 on the side bar. Today is winner's choice. The lucky commentor chosen can pick any of my books.
Labels: annie nicholas