Monday, June 28, 2010



What is the void? A little deep for Monday, you may wonder. Pull up a chair, sip your coffee, and contemplate this question. It’s an empty place. Be it in your heart, soul, or life. It affects everyone at some point or another. Sad but true, there is a silver lining. Without the void we wouldn’t appreciate the things that fill our existence.


Why am I writing on such a dark topic?

1. This is Paranormal Romantics. LOL

2. I’m in a void.

What??

That spot writers find themselves between books. Not a block, I know what I’m going to write next. The dead space between when you’ve finished one work and stretch and say, “Am I ready to start again? “ I’m not. My brain hurts and needs to sit back to relax for a few days. The last time I went through this, it took me a month before I could commit to a character and her story. My next manuscript will be long and soul searching so I hide in my void. Once my courage has gathered enough I will venture into a new place and get sucked back into writing again. Then the sleepless nights of typing will start but truly, I’ll be happy.

Am I the only nut on this crazy train?

I wrote this after I finished my first novel and was shopping it around. Odd but a year later I find myself in the same spot. It's not a bad thing. More like a mental holiday. I plan on hanging out here for about a week and then start something new. That's if I can figure out how to type only with my left hand. LOL

Our anniversary celebration is coming to a close. We'll be announcing our grand prize winner June 1 on the side bar. Today is winner's choice. The lucky commentor chosen can pick any of my books.


9 comments:

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Sounds like the void might not be such a bad place to visit. Means you've finished a project and have endless possibilities for a new one!

Miranda
mdwartistry@yahoo.com

J Hali Steele said...

*chuckling* I have a lot of tickets for that train ride! Some stamped, some waiting.

The Scarf Princess said...

I like having moments where I'm somewhere else. Like an internal vacation, except it's free.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Cathy M said...

A mental holiday is good for all of us once in awhile. To offset the chaos of my life, I like to disappear somewhere quiet to recharge. Walking along a quiet beach is one of my favorite things to do. Hiding out with a good book and a locked door works wonders too, lol.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Sherry said...

Everyone needs a place to go so that they can recharge and get to feel better about themselves and what they're doing. When I need to recharge I'll either play games on the computer or read a good book and not answer my phones unless it's a emergency.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Anonymous said...

The void is good in zen meditation. :)

cories119 [at] yahoo [dot] com

Anonymous said...

Congrats joder you are the win r please contact me with which book you would like at annienicholas at ymail dot com

SiNn said...

i neve rknew what authors called the time between books i learn stuff everyday

Anonymous said...

It's good to take a step back and reflect a bit. Draw strength. Get ready for the next round. It's an important step.

It's been a great month and whoever wins the basket is going to be a lucky and happy winner!!!

Thanks for a great time. I shall keep popping in to see what's going on.

Valerie
valb0302@yahoo.com
in Germany