- 2013 (97)
- 2012 (299)
- 2011 (392)
- Drafting in the Fast Lane
- Reader fatigue
- I went back and forth
- Transylvanian Treats- Guest blog by Marie Treanor
- Release of The Devil's Kiss - The Magical Sword Bo...
- When Souls Collide Chapter 13, part 1
- It's Friday...
- The Selection of Words
- Launch party for Hunter's Moon Magic!
- Vampires in Paradise
- I Want More
- Black Cat Beauty Author: Savanna Kougar Genr...
- When Souls Collide Chapter 11, part 2
- It's Friday...
- A sexy, action-packed sci-fi romance? Damaged Carg...
- Reading to Make Myself Write
- Battle of the Bunnies
- <!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[i...
- When Souls Collide Chapter 11, part 1
- It's Friday...
- Time Moves By...
- Who Are You?
- A Chat with Paranormal Romance Author JL Oiler
- How Bad Do You Like Them?
- Angelic Surrender The Kavanaugh Foundation, Boo...
- When Souls Collide, Chapter 10, Part 2
- Filling in for the wonderful J. Hali Steele...and ...
- Beyond the happily ever after
- 2009 (174)
Sunday, September 5, 2010
7:00 AM | Posted by Stacey Kennedy | | Edit Post
The Kavanaugh Foundation, Book 2
Author: Christa McHugh
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Buy Link: http://samhainpublishing.com/romance/angelic-surrender
Heaven doesn’t want him. Hell is afraid of him. She can see right through him…
That tag-line alone had me eager to dive into this category novel. When I did, I wasn’t disappointed. The first chapter was simply fantastic. It hooked me in immediately and had me dying to read on.
Quickly, you're captivated by dangerous demons, brilliant sexual tension, and hot love scenes between one quirky demon hunter and a sinfully sexy Fallen Angel. But that's only the beginning. This story is far more than just the steamy stuff; it has a compelling plot with lots of action too.
My only qualm, and it isn’t much of one, I wish McHugh went into more depth about the world she created. Who exactly is the Foundation? What is their purpose and why is there a need for them? I was a little lost as to the rules that govern this world. All that said, if you’re looking for a fast, sexy tale―this is it!
If the abrupt appearance of Will Vassago on her couch is any indication, knowledge of Anjali’s rare ability to see past demons’ disguising glamours has spread far beyond the Foundation. One thing that hasn’t changed since she accidentally touched him two years ago—his unnerving affect on her hormones.
Officially, Vassago needs Anjali’s help to find an escaped Skinwalker demon. He’s also got some not-so-official plans for their down time, but if her sensitive gift reveals who he really is—a fallen angel—any chance to fan the embers of desire between them will be lost.
Anjali tries to get their assignment over with before she loses control entirely. With every encounter, the unquenchable fire in her body burns hotter. And Vassago is startled to realize when he almost loses her to the rifts of Hell he has already lost his heart.
Then they discover the Skinwalker is only the tip of the iceberg. If they can’t get a lid on the situation, Manhattan will suffer a fate worse than Sodom and Gomorrah, and not even Vassago’s celestial sword will protect Anjali from the Angel of Death.
Warning: Contains an OCD demon hunter, a naughty angel with voyeuristic tendencies, bedtime wrestling over who gets to be on top and a very inappropriately used sari.
A line from Angelic Surrender that had me drooling with word envy―Heaven never felt this blissful. Ambrosia never tasted this sweet, and sin never tempted him the way she did.