Friday, November 12, 2010

It's Friday...

And damn, I'm glad. With classes and studying, I haven't written, or read very much lately. The time I spend on loops, blogs, and just about everywhere else, has been nil. I've got nothing particular to put out there today. No furry creatures, no YouTube music videos to compare, not even a partially clad male body--nothing. So I'm winging it!

A little birdy (who shall remain nameless *grin*) gave me some information yesterday, so I went surfing for more. There's lots of happy, excited talk on the various loops and blogs about the NY Times starting an ebook bestseller list for fiction and nonfiction next year. I guess that's no big secret, huh? This is awesome news for all epubbed authors, and it's about time too! You can catch up on the particulars here: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/11/books/11list.html?_r=2.

EPIC, the Electronic Published Internet Coalition is preparing for their Ariana Award Competition™, recognizing the best in eBook cover art. Finalists and winners are selected on the basis of the appropriateness of artwork to genre, the artist's attention to detail (including style and/or method), and the effectiveness of presentation (i.e. that book title, author's name, publisher logo/information (if included), etc. are clearly viewed). Finalists will be announced in January 2011 and the 2011 Ariana Award™ will be presented at EPIC's Awards Banquet in Williamsburg, Virginia, March 13, 2011. You can find more information on their site at: http://www.epicauthors.com/ariana2011.html.

Liberty States Fiction Writers is gearing up for their second annual Create Something Magical Conference in March. Mary Janice Davidson will be the keynote speaker. There will be representatives from a variety of big name publishers and agents. I attended the inaugural conference, and it was informative, and fun. Visit the LSFW site and learn more: http://www.libertystatesfictionwriters.com/lsf-writers-conference/.

I'm already planning to attend the RT Convention in LA. You can mingle with many authors and readers, not to mention publishers, agents...everybody. Don't forget the Mr. Romance contest! If your interested, read more at: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/convention-home.
 
Okay, I've given you a little peek into what's happening. Now, back to the books--studying that is. : )

See you next Friday, and until then: Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

1 comment:

Annie Nicholas said...

I was excited about tbe New York Times news.

I'm not going to RT this year but the Liberty one sounds interesting. I'll bug you about later.