Friday, November 26, 2010

It's Friday...

Black Friday to be precise. You know, the day after Thanksgiving when stores beckon to one and all "Come shop here! We've got the best bang for your buck!" I've already seen signs of how hectic it must be out there on Facebook. People discussing what they've already bought, what they plan to buy, and yes, some have finished their Christmas shopping!!

I had a circular somewhere...but I can't find it. Someone is selling a toaster for $3, there was even a big screen TV for $298. Does anyone know where? Nix the toaster, but 42 inches of HD at this price is worth picking up for when mine dies. FYI--I'm on my second 40+ inches of flat screen TV in 4 years. Changed models, fingers crossed the one I now have lives longer than the leftover turkey in my fridge!

Whew--a whirlwind of shopping til you drop.



Now that I think about it, the hustle and bustle could be a good way to shed some of the extra pounds absorbed yesterday. Hmm, there's a thought...nah, I plan to make that a New Year's resolution. It's just around the corner, and I've got lots of time to take care of that situation. Don't want to get ahead of myself.

Because...

Next up is Christmas. For those that celebrate, there will be more turkey and stuffing, maybe a roast or a ham. There will be food aplenty somewhere, everywhere.

So, are you ready for round 2 of the holiday season? Have you started, or finished, your shopping. Did you find any really good deals? Share them...I want to know where the heck that TV is? *grins*
Remember: Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

2 comments:

Annie Nicholas said...

I did Black Friday! It's my holy day. My sister and her daughters come down from Canada then we invade the stores. ALL my Christmas shopping is done, including my children. And yes, my hips and legs hurt so much I had trouble sleeping. LOL

J Hali Steele said...

lol, I didn't get the TV! Should have had you shop for me, darn it all! lol

Hope you're all better now.