Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Superhero Series



How did I come up with the Superheroes?

So, Sara Brookes had the good suggestion that I should tell all of you how I came up with my superhero series. For those of you who don’t know the first one is called Screwing the Superhero and the second one is called Banging the Superhero. There will be more to come, two more in fact.

But, I actually started writing Screwing the Superhero based on an Open Call from a publisher. The idea started to brew in my head. Ultimately, the book didn’t work for the Call and I didn’t submit it to the particular publisher who had the Open Call. I gave it a different publisher who I thought it would fit more appropriately with.

Writing works that way. Sometimes its funny. You start out doing one thing and it turns out to be something completely different.

Writers out there: Where did your ideas stem from?

1 comment:

Layna Pimentel said...

Now that is a loaded question Rebecca ;-)

My idea's usually come from something totally unrelated to whatever discussion I'm having at work or at the dinner table LOL

You should see the wheels turning in my head during staff meetings and then looking down at the boardroom table :D