Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Deceptions of Night


Hello Everyone!


Thanks so much to Rebecca and Paranormal Romantics for allowing me to guest blog today.


What type of paranormal characters do you like? I started with this question myself, when I came up with the Order of Night series. Problem was I couldn't choose just one. So I came up with a world that had vampires, shapeshifters, and sorceresses.


Today I am here to tell you about my new release, Deceptions of Night, book two in the Order of Night series. This book was interesting to write from start to finish. The hero, Lex, is very willful, and I had to forcefully steer him back on course a few times. But there were times that I let him have his way, which in the end gave me some wonderful scenes that were not in the original plot outline.


Here is the blurb from Deceptions of Night.


Tempers run hot through the members of the Order of Night, as Lex tries to settle in as the new Triad vampire. But when a jaguar attacks him in his bed, his life gets turned upside down, and he discovers a new meaning to keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.


Kill the Triad vampire or your brother dies. Shayla grudgingly accepts the assignment. But she soon realizes that success is easier said than done as she lies prone, trapped against the floor, and secured by the body of one pissed off sexy leech.


The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Lex wants answers, and Shayla wants her brother returned alive. They form a shaky truce as they seek out the man that has both. Fierce attraction pushes them closer as mistrust tears them apart. Deception lays in wait around every corner as the struggle to find the mastermind behind the traitors to the Order of Night. As the tension rises, desire begins to burn with an intensity that threatens to consume, leaving them to question whether they can find what they seek with their lives and hearts intact.


You can purchase Deceptions of Night and read a full chapter one excerpt HERE


If you haven't had a chance to check out the first book in this series, Secrets of Night, then you can find it at the following links.










Best Wishes,

Virginia Cavanaugh




4 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Hi Virginia, thanks for being here today. I loved the first book and I can't wait to buy this one!!

Virginia said...

:D Thanks!

Hailey Edwards said...

Very hot cover, Virginia! *hugs* Congrats on your new release!

Virginia said...

Thanks Hailey! :)