Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Friday

...and a wonderful day to go to the movies. Early afternoon showtime beats the noisier crowds of youngsters.


No long line at the concession stand, so I quickly grab a soda and a big tub of popcorn. Moving down the counter I spy what I need--liquid gold--the buttah. I slather it over the top of the puffed kernels of corn, and I'm on my way. Goosebumps race up my arms when I open the door and step into the darkened space. Making my way slowly down the dimly lit aisle, squinting to see, praying silently, I spot it... and it's empty! My fav place to sit, located ten rows from the screen, dead center. I sit down, but it doesn't work for me. The size of the theater varies this spot a little, and I need to be dead center. I move left one seat. Nice!  Settling in, I wait for the lights to go down, and a hush to fill the darkness.

Watching the trailers, I see something 'coming soon' to a theater near me ( there's only one near where I live) and make a mental note to remember the date. I'm munching away on my popcorn, sipping the large cola I paid an arm and leg for, which is partly why I had to be careful and move slowly through the dimly lit aisle... *laughing* that's another story!! Anyway, I'm ready for the feature presentation and, damn, I hope there's nothing louder playing on either side of my theater. Bugs me when I'm immersed in my movie to hear a sudden burst of gun shot or something next door.


Ahhh, give me the good old days when one movie at a time played and there was a balcony! *Sigh*

It's finally here!


Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele