Friday, August 19, 2011

It's Friday

Got home about 3am. Twelve hours has made me tired and thirsty. The good thing - I’m off tomorrow. Or should I say today? I grab a Corona and stand in the doorway wishing I could have witnessed the storm. I’m one of those not-so-smart people who go outside when thunder booms, and arcs of light flash and rip across the sky. Not the smartest thing to do, but, oh well! *smile* Nature on a rampage is an amazing and beautiful thing to witness. Standing there, sniffing air rife with the scent of fresh rain, I remember I have to blog. After all – it’s Friday!

What will I write about? Therein lies the problem I’ve had since returning to full time work. I come home, kick my shoes off, and quickly change into something comfy. Grabbing a cold beer or a glass of my own special blend of Sangria, I sit down and put my feet up. The remote is right where it was left last night, or was that yesterday! With a deep sigh, I turn on the TV, and quickly, I'm swept away.

An hour later, I tell myself to get up and go write something… anything. But first, I have to catch up with the shows I’ve missed.
Has anyone seen Suits on USA Network? Where did Gabriel Macht come from, and how did I miss his arrival? Now he'd be worthy of writing about. Hmm, if I could get him out of the suit....

Well, good night, or is it good morning? *sigh* I’ll write something tomorrow… or the next day.

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

No comments: