Monday, February 13, 2012

Romance


ro/mance:

noun- A feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love.
verb- Court; woo: "the wealthy owner romanced her".

Sounds simple, but we all know there's more to it then this definition. It's one of the strongest driving forces in our known universe. This whole blog is dedicated to it. Heck, my writing career hinges on it.

I think we all have individual ideas of what romance means. Just like food and books, we all have different tastes. I cringe at the idea of someone reading poetry to me. (It's happened and I wanted to crawl under a rock and die.) But damn, if my man does the laundry without me asking, it's better than a dozen roses any day.

As a romance writer, I've become sensitve to others opinions on the matter since I don't just write my books for me but others. I like to reflect different concepts of romance in my stories.

What do you think is romantic? An unasked for kiss, flowers, poetry (cringe)?

No comments: