- 2013 (98)
- An Interesting Process...
- Writing With Little Eyes Around
- A Vacation in Space - Where Would You Go?
- Sexy or Story
- A unicorn is just a horse with a horn...
- It's Coming...
- Never a dull month! Contest and freebie with book ...
- What's Next?
- Gremlins In My House ~ Deena Remiel
- You're Invited to My Birthday Bash!
- She Who Is Foremost In The Library - Ancient Egypt...
- Do You Believe ...
- Rejuvenation for This Writer's Soul
- More about worldbuilding -- SFR
- Making the unbelievable—believable!
- Things I’ve learned on my writing journey.
- Fallen Kitty
- I'm Late for a Very Important Date
- Return to Askara...with a contest!
- World Building By Deatri King-Bey
- Canada Day
- 2011 (392)
- 2010 (372)
- 2009 (174)
Monday, July 16, 2012
Now where did I put my glasses? I could have sworn I left them on my nightstand... How many of you have placed something somewhere in your house and when you went back to get it, it was STILL there? That hasn't happened in a while for my family. We are constantly losing our things here- keys, glasses, pens, papers, phones. Then, miraculously they turn up again in a completely different place than where we remember putting them. It drives us crazy!
We are currently living in a house that is also occupied by three childlike spirits, one of whom is a mischievous little bugger of a teenager. So not only have we rented a house, apparently we've also rented ourselves spirits for the remainder of our stay.
They really are harmless spirits, though. Just playful. But they definitely have Youngest a bit freaked out. I believe she is very sensitive to the other realm. The last house we lived in, she NEVER had a good night sleep, always landing at the foot of my bed each night in fear. When we moved to our current home, I thought, maybe NOW she could rest easy. Well, I think the only thing keeping her from sleeping by my bedside is the fact that she has to come downstairs first.
Maybe our next house will be better. More than likely there will be other spirits to annoy her. You know how we have sound blockers, like white noise machines or nature sound machines? I think she could use a spirit blocker machine so she can get a good night's rest! And maybe, if there were such a machine, our things might stay where we put them for once...