Monday, July 16, 2012

Gremlins In My House ~ Deena Remiel



Now where did I put my glasses? I could have sworn I left them on my nightstand... How many of you have placed something somewhere in your house and when you went back to get it, it was STILL there? That hasn't happened in a while for my family. We are constantly losing our things here- keys, glasses, pens, papers, phones. Then, miraculously they turn up again in a completely different place than where we remember putting them. It drives us crazy!




We are currently living in a house that is also occupied by three childlike spirits, one of whom is a mischievous little bugger of a teenager. So not only have we rented a house, apparently we've also rented ourselves spirits for the remainder of our stay. 


They really are harmless spirits, though. Just playful. But they definitely have Youngest a bit freaked out. I believe she is very sensitive to the other realm. The last house we lived in, she NEVER had a good night sleep, always landing at the foot of my bed each night in fear. When we moved to our current home, I thought, maybe NOW she could rest easy. Well, I think the only thing keeping her from sleeping by my bedside is the fact that she has to come downstairs first. 


Maybe our next house will be better. More than likely there will be other spirits to annoy her. You know how we have sound blockers, like white noise machines or nature sound machines? I think she could use a spirit blocker machine so she can get a good night's rest! And maybe, if there were such a  machine, our things might stay where we put them for once...

4 comments:

Marguerite Hall said...

LoL, happens to me all the time. Currently in my garage I believe there is a spirit. Late at night if you go out there you can hear a beautiful tenor female voice singing hymnals. I like to go out there and just sit because you just have this wave of peace flow over you.

Good luck with the next house and future spirits. If your youngest is sensitive, she may also be a magnet or beacon for them.

Anonymous said...

I put something down, turn around and whatever I put down is GONE. I'm sure my 2 year old is to blame though since (if he's not caught red handed.) I find the items in strange places.

Annie Nicholas said...

We had spirts in our last home. Mischevious ones. They locked me in the basement one and seperated me from my, at the time, two year old. Glad we moved.

This new to us house is over 100 years old but I haven't sensed anything but my youngest once in a while mentions something about a little girl. *shivers*

Deena said...

Marguerite, I would LOVE to experience that! Wow!

Lilly, 2-year-olds are really good at mimicking mischievous ghosts. LOL

Annie, I'm glad you moved, too. That's just out and out scary business...