Sunday, March 3, 2013

Araneae Nail Polish!

Yes, you read that right. There will be an Araneae color collection!

I love nail polish. I’m a total addict. To spread my love, I commissioned the fabulous Pam at Paint Box Polish to design five colors around the five heroines from the Araneae series.

This is the first to be revealed. It’s a holo topcoat (shown over a black base in this picture for contrast).

The color is No More Shady Kaidi, named after Kaidi, who you’ll meet in A Time of Dying. ;D



Well, what do we think? Good idea for swag? I’m hoping to debut the set at my upcoming reader’s luncheon in August. Nothing like a little face-to-face feedback from readers. :)

I have plans for two other out-of-the-box swag ideas, but those have to wait until closer to the event to be revealed. I still need two or three other little things to round out my gift bags. I'm trying to pick items readers haven't seen before or are customized in such a way that the reader is left with an OMG-gotta-read-it impression of the Araneae series.

I'll admit the covers do most of the work for me, but I still like to nudge them along. *fingers crossed* Readers will enjoy the new ideas.

For readers, what are your favorite swag items to receive? For authors, what new items have you tried and loved? I'm always open to recommendations.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog...

Unknown said...

I think my favorite swag and the one I still use is the small cosmetic mirror I got as swag from Maddy Barone's "After the Crash" series.

That or the whole hot cocoa, Mug set I recieved. Still drinking on that hot cocoa. SO GOOD!

I read the first in this series and can't wait to read the rest. Love the covers, and I am someone who isn't a fan of blues for anything, but can't see this series with any other color/cover.

Hailey Edwards said...

Tuesday Dube designed the header, Rosalind. I think it's lovely too. Especially the people. :)

Oh, I love the mirrors too, angel. I had some made for my last reader event. They are definitely a favorite.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed reading Frost. I agree with you that I couldn't see the series with any other color covers. I love them. :D

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful Hailey, and it is a great idea for swag, I'm a nailpolish addict too ;-) What a beautiful colour, can't wait to see the rest! :-D