When I’m on the prowl for inspiration, I’m usually flipping through radio stations to find it. Once in a while, I crave visual inspiration. I have a couple of go-to movies for that and—thanks to a recently acquired Netflix addiction—I have a few new television shows to add to that lineup.
1. Lord of the Rings – This is an old favorite. The story is familiar, the scenery is beautiful, the elves are gorgeous...and…wait… What was I saying? Oh yeah. Something about finding Legolas very visually inspiring.
2. Supernatural – This is a very recent addiction for me. I’ve long admired Dean from afar, but I started watching the show a couple of weeks ago. So far I’ve really enjoyed it. Even if I am a chicken and have to close my eyes and peek through my fingers sometimes. That episode “Everyone Loves A Clown”? Um, no. They don’t.
3. Lost Girl – This show is fun to watch, but not very deep. (Maybe that’s why it’s so fun to watch?) The big attraction here (for me) is the Fae lore. I’m an addict, and I love to watch episodes featuring my favorite creatures or being introduced to new ones.
4. Vampire Diaries – Though I resisted its charms for years, I finally watched this show and I did enjoy it. It was a lot deeper than I gave it credit for, and I’ve enjoyed watching the characters grow. Well, the secondaries at least. Anyone else here on team Klausoline?
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas – While this is a cartoon, I love the dark tone and the edge Halloween creatures lend to the Christmas holiday. Jack is such a great character, and I love Zero. I even have a plush Oogie Boogie.
I never realized how enabling Netflix is for people like me who don’t enjoy TV, but will gorge on streaming shows while online. What other shows have I missed? What are you watching and loving right now?