Sunday, September 22, 2013

F*ck Like Bunnies vs Monty Python. Really?

I love people who review books. Some, I love more than others. This week I found a reviewer who, well, not to sound like a fussy butt, but she gets me. Here's a snippet of the review from The Romance Reviews by Book Addict.



 " Is this a paranormal Monty Python movie? How can a cute little bunny cause such fear in a man?

Tim: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.
King Arthur: Ohh.
Tim: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
Sir Robin: You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!
Tim: Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
….
Sir Galahad: Oh, yeah?

Tim: I'm warning you!
Sir Robin: What's he do? Nibble your bum?
Tim: He's got huge, sharp... er... He can leap about. Look at the bones!"

And that's just the start! Read the rest here.

Reviews are such tricky things--a giant love/hate sort of situation, but this one made me laugh. Paranormal romance has the potential for being very serious and dark. While I like a little shadow and maybe some harshness, my bunnies are too far into cupcakes and glitter to really let things get dark.

Check out the F*ck Like Bunnies series! Bunny Club, Air Bunnies, Bunnies on Ice and the latest, Bunny Hunt. There's no Elmer Fudd here!! F*ck Like Bunnies.

All The Best,
Stephanie Beck
www.stephaniebeck.net

No comments: