Friday, November 22, 2013

Wereturkeys

I've read a lot of paranormal stories in my life. Oodles of them. Creative use of shifters, histories and explanations can make an okay book into something amazing.

That said, some things leave me scratching my head. I love werewolves, and I love when the classic is revamped with a great explanation or starting point. I also love other shifters. Some, however, just don't do it for me.

Shifters That Just Don't Do It For Me:

ducks-quacking isn't sexy

platypus-funny, yes, but so awkward

giraffes-I think it's the neck. I imagine the human form having the unreasonably long neck and get all giggly.

Shifters I Haven't Read, But Think I Might Like

snakes-I think it's the eyes. I have in mind a series that includes a snake shifter--could be super sexy.

elephant-Okay, I get the size ratio thing might take some logistics fussing, but I can just imagine what the guy would look like...and I don't hate it.


What trips your shifter trigger? Have you read any that were unique and really got your attention?

Oh, and happy Thanksgiving to my American friends. I hope you have a blessed day with those you love, and keep the attitude of gratitude all year round.

All the best,
Stephanie Beck
www.stephaniebeck.net
www.facebook.com/StephanieBeckAuthor
www.twitter.com/StephBeck123

No comments: