Thursday, December 12, 2013

With Apologies to the Partridge: "12 Days of Paranormal" Song

"The Twelve Days of Christmas" is one of my all time favorite holiday songs. It was first published in England in 1780, but is believed by some authorities to be of even earlier French origin. The tune we sing is based on a 1909 arrangement, which is when the verse about those golden rings got stretched out. Who doesn't love trying to breathe and bellow out that line (hopefully in tune)? The twelve days of the song actually start on December 26th but I wanted to write about it today.

According to Forbes this year's estimate for the cost of the 78 items in the song would be $27,393.17, which is a 7.7% increase over last year. Apparently the labor rates have risen...

So I had the inspiration to rewrite it with a paranormal theme...I'm sure others have rewritten the verses with their spins as well...so here for your enjoyment, along with my wish for a very happy holiday season, is "The Twelve Days of Paranormal":

On the twelfth day of this song, my true love gave to me....

Twelve wizards wanding…
Eleven witches waltzing...
Ten gargoyles gargling...
Nine Fairies flitting...
Eight Authors scribbling....
Seven spells abubbling....
Six Ravens cawing...
Five crystal balls...
Four vampires...
Three werewolves...
Two poltergeists...

And a dragon in the night sky…..




3 comments:

Stacey Brutger said...

Great post! I love your version of the song. Beautiful dragon!

Stacey Brutger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Loved it! Thanks for sharing it.