Thursday, August 25, 2016

When Words Go Wild!

by Nancy Gideon

It started out as such a good idea. A break in my By Moonlight series while I figured out how I wanted to wrap up the storyline in a satisfying bow. I’d do a spin-off batch of novellas tied to the House of Terriot, that rowdy, dangerous clan of warriors living far away from my usual New Orleans setting in their mountain top compound at Lake Tahoe led by volatile new king. I mean when you’ve got twelve hunky shapeshifter princes deserving of their own storyline . . . why waste them. So I picked my favorite four of the dark and deadly half-brothers and went to work. Such fun! How hard can it be, four books 30K words . . . until the first book, PRINCE OF HONOR, came in at 96K. I guess the novella boat has suddenly expanded into a line of luxury cruisers.

I’m half way through PRINCE OF POWER, Book 2 and have already sped past 40K. So it looks like my powerful princes each get their own full novel starting in October!



I didn’t realize until I started tinkering with cover ideas that the acronym for House of Terriot was H.O.T. and these princes live up to that expectation. Deadly, Damaged and Delicious and . . . HOT! Here’s a teaser to tide you over until September 25 when I plan to have Book 1 up for pre-order. . .

Excerpt


Heat pounding off his body burned against the backs of her fingers as they bunched the bottom of his tee shirt, shucking it off him with a violent pull. Her palms prowled chest and shoulders, pausing for him to identify each unfamiliar scar.

At his collarbone: “Cale’s lesson on how to use a blade.”

At the glorious swell of a bicep: “Stephen. Bar fight he started and I had to finish.” Probably because he was too drunk, though Turow would never say so.

Across the hard ridge of his abdomen: “Sparring with Rico.”

Tongue dampening her lips, eyes glowing, obviously turned on by the catalog of combat, Sylvia let her fingertip follow a thin line across his left pec as she purred, “And this one?”

“You. Where you broke my heart.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nancy Gideon on the Web



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew! Fanning my face and anticipating the reading this series. H.O.T. indeed!

Diane Burton said...

Ooh, Nancy. I love those Terriot guys. HOT is right.

Margo Hoornstra said...

What Loralee said. And Diane. I need some cold water. Love, love, love that last line of your excerpt. Way to pull us in!

Nancy Gideon said...

Thanks, ladies!! I can't wait to get this book out there!!

Maureen said...

I love how your comment about how the novella boat expanded into a line of luxury cruisers- lol! I agree- HOT!

Nancy Gideon said...

Thanks, Maureen! Maybe I should have said battleships!

Maris said...

Yummy. Sounds like a HOT group of men.

Unknown said...

That excerpt was great!!! Didn't see the last line coming. I love it!!

Lucy K. said...

Love that last line! I think I could like this guy.

Unknown said...

Wow, that cover is super HOT!

Nancy Gideon said...

Wait until you see all four of them together, Sophia. Super Nova!