Sunday, November 25, 2018

C-C-C-Changes! by Nancy Gideon

Anyone who knows me, knows I’m a creature of firmly entrenched habit. Maybe it’s the ADD/OCD, but I wrap myself up in the armor of the familiar, oftentimes pulling it over my head to hide from new and scary things I’d rather ignore than embrace unless forced. Last person to explore the internet – raises hand. Last person to get a cell phone – blushing but nods. Yes, that’s me. The person who goes to three different mapping sites before going across town . . . just to be sure (but still has never used the map app on said cell phone or gone on an impulsive day trip without a pre-studied and printed itinerary). I don’t like surprises or detours or trendy things that distract me from the tried and true. It’s a wonder I’ve survived 2018 with all its upheavals and (duhduhduh) journeys into the unknown (also the name of my favorite anthology series of scary TV shows back in the late 60’s ala Twilight Zone). 

To recap 2018 – end of employment I adored due to boss’s retirement followed by thankfully short-term nightmare job, and now a new position at a big firm starting tomorrow; readying for last book in a series I’ve loved writing for 10 years; and finally, dropping the number followed by an X to actually shop for ‘regular’ size clothes. What’s an iron-clad introvert supposed to do?


Okay, not all these things are bad, (i.e. becoming actively political for the first time) but they are rocking my boat of comfortable placidity to the point I feel like I’m bailing like mad (but burning calories, so maybe that’s a win!). I even stepped from the traditional for the fam’s holiday meal (since we’ve been sharing recipes this month) by trolling for interesting sidedishes to accent the Big Bird. This year’s secret word: Bacon. Green beans with bacon, garlic, Dijon mustard and a pinch of brown sugar; Sausage and Mushroom Stuffing with a pinch of soy sauce, ginger and Bacon; and, an Autumn Salad with quickly replaced Romaine, chopped pears, dried cherries, pecans, Feta, poppy seed dressing and, you guessed it, Bacon! (Recipes are on my Home for the Holidays Pinterest page!). Yummo!

I guess it’s time to pull up my slightly smaller Big Girl Panties and venture out into the world of new things . . . starting tomorrow with my new job (with full benefits!). 

If you have time, pop over to my Blog for my Weekend Writing Warriors post where characters from my recent shapeshifter release PRINCE OF DREAMS are coming to terms with the unexpected on the road to a HEA, too.


Sooooo, change can be good!
♚♚♚♚♚
Nancy Gideon on the Web


5 comments:

Diane Burton said...

Wow! What changes! Congrats on the new job and the weight loss. You've been writing that series for ten years? Double wow. That last book is going to be a doozy. Can't wait to read it. I hate change, too. Maybe not quite as much as you, but still... Change can sneak up on you, or you've seen the writing on the wall for months but ignored it. Either way, change is hard. Congrats on being a not-so-big-anymore girl and taking the plunge.

Maureen said...

Wow those are some awesome changes- 2019 looks pretty bright for you! And bacon? Can't go wrong with that!

Francesca Quarto said...

Just catching up with these postings and as usual, LOVED yours! You live a mad-cap life indeed! Burning calories beats burning bras, which never helped that particular generation of women in the least! I speak from experience, though I'm loath to admit that too loudly in mixed company!
Best of luck in your new job! They are lucky to have you in their ranks! Have a wonderful Christmas.

Francesca Q.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to brotherhood Illuminati where you can become
rich famous and popular and your life story we be change
totally my name is Dan Jerry I am here to share my
testimony on how I join the great brotherhood Illuminati
and my life story was change immediately . I was very poor
no job and I has no money to even feed and take care of my
family I was confuse in life I don’t know what to do I try all
my possible best to get money but no one work out for me
each day I share tears, I was just looking out my family no
money to take care of them until one day I decided to join
the great Illuminati , I come across them in the internet I
never believe I said let me try I email them.all what they
said we happen in my life just started it was like a dream to
me they really change my story totally . They give me the
sum of $1,200,000 and many thing. through the Illuminati I
was able to become rich, and have many industry on my
own and become famous and popular in my country , today
me and my family is living happily and I am the most
happiest man here is the opportunity for you to join the
Illuminati and become rich and famous in life and be like
other people and you life we be change totally.If you are
interested in joining the great brotherhood Illuminati.then
contact him +2348106618681 or for more information +1(705)8062021
email:illuminatibrotherpowerful@gmail.com or you need my assistance
email:danjerry04@gmail.com...

Elizabeth Alsobrooks said...

Change is a guarantee! Sounds like you have some good ones. Interested to hear what changes you make with your writing since this is your totally, no more, not gonna do it, last book of the series...