Monday, October 28, 2019

Shifters and Halloween! Oh my! @meganslayer #shifters #gay #gayromance #catshifters #sanctuaryseries #halloween

It's that time of year to be scary and have a spooky time. I love this time of year because I have a thing for cats. Okay, shifters, to be exact. I love the idea of cats, dogs, big cats, etc switching forms and becoming people. I've always thought my cats and dogs could really be people. They've got so much personality. What do you think? Is it too far-fetched? Let me know.

Speaking of shifters, give my Sanctuary series a try!


Embracing His Roar by Megan Slayer

Sanctuary, Book 11
Gay Paranormal Erotic Romance
Novella
From SuperNova Indie Publishing

A bobcat who doesn’t think he belongs and a lion who believes he is unlovable…can they make a relationship work?

Avan has made his share of mistakes, but those are in the past. Moving forward means forgiving himself and having a life at the Sanctuary. He wants just one shifter—Oscar. The bobcat shifter soothes his soul and seems to see the best in Avan. But will he want to be with Avan, even after everything Avan’s done?

Oscar’s lusted after Avan since he first saw him. He doesn’t care what Avan’s done because he believes everyone deserves a second chance. But Oscar’s got a past, too. He’d never felt like he belongs, even at the Sanctuary. The one place he feels safe is with Avan.

The odds a bobcat and lion should be together are low, but the passion between them sizzles. Can they find common ground and embrace their roar or will their differences destroy the blossoming relationship?
 

Available at


EXCERPT:
©MeganSlayer, 2019, All Rights Reserved
He left his seat. “I’m going out. I need some air.” He walked out of the library and collided with a solid wall of man. “What the hell?” He knew the scent wafting around him. Oscar? He met the gaze of the person he’d run into. “Oscar.”
“Hi.” Oscar blushed. “I meant to find you.”
“You did.” He wanted to run his hands all over Oscar. The lion knew the bobcat was there, and he wanted to keep him. The lion yearned to rub his scent all over Oscar. He held back, despite the cat shredding him from the inside.
Oscar opened his mouth three times before he said anything. “Are you going to leave?”
No way in hell. Oscar was there, and he’d take advantage of the situation. “With Markas? Or those two?” He gestured to the library.
Oscar edged his shoulder up in a tiny shrug. “Either.”
Was he trying to be coy? Was that hunger in Oscar’s eyes? Desire? Well, fuck him, yes, it sure looked like desire. Avan nodded to the doorway then brushed past Oscar. The lion hated Avan for making it wait.
“Let’s go to the porch.” His voice cracked. Damn. He didn’t care if Oscar knew he was nervous, but he didn’t want the truth to be so obvious.
“Yeah.” Oscar followed Avan outside. “Phew. It got hot in there. Did they have the heat on? It’s May. Isn’t it too warm out for the heat inside?”
“I doubt they turned on the furnace.” But it was nice to know Oscar was affected, too. Avan had thought he was the only one with a fever. He needed the change in temperature to clear his thoughts. “Here.” He pointed to the swing. “Join me?”
“The guys won’t make fun?” Oscar sat with him. “I’m not exactly popular with them. Ryder even jokes about me, and he’s supposed to be a friend.”
“Why?” Once Avan found out why Ryder had said anything to upset Oscar, he’d give Ryder a new asshole.
“I stuck up for you.” His blush deepened. “He’s a jerk.”
“He is.” He paused. Oscar intrigued him. He hadn’t thought Oscar cared—not enough to say anything. “I’m glad.”
“You’re happy he’s a jerk?” Oscar frowned. “I wish he’d lay off.” He stared at Avan. “Ryder told me I’m attracted to you, and everyone knows. I didn’t know.” He froze, and the color bled from his face. “Shit.”
“What?” He didn’t care who saw them. “Do you like me?” He and his lion wanted the attraction to be mutual. “Oscar?”
“I don’t know.” Oscar sagged in his seat. “Avan.”
Avan faced Oscar and tipped up Oscar’s chin, forcing Oscar to meet his gaze. “I get the feeling you do like me.” He wanted to look into those green eyes forever—especially when he sank deep into Oscar. “But I understand you’re not ready to admit it, and that’s cool.”
“It is?”

2 comments:

Diane Burton said...

Sounds like an interesting story, Megan. Best wishes!

Lea Kirk said...

Ooh, love shifters! Thank you, Megan!