Monday, May 4, 2020

When Every Day is Monday


By Maureen Bonatch

Many people have been off work or school since the coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine. It’s resulted in some people feeling out of sorts because they’ve suddenly lost their routine. It’s as if every day has become the weekend, but even then they can’t maintain their routine prior to COVID-19.

I’ve worked full-time remotely for over a year now. There are a lot of benefits to working remotely, but there are also challenges. Besides focusing when everybody is at home, often the hours blend from day to night, and sometimes through the weekend.

Working in healthcare in a role related to education has resulted in me being busier than ever with work,. With no place to go, for me, and working more on the weekends, it’s almost as if every day has become Monday.



To remind those who feel like every day is the weekend, and for those who feel like every day has become Monday, here are a few of my favorite quotes to motivate you for the new week. 

Happy Monday






How Do You Keep Your Routine During Quarantine?

 

Author Bio: Maureen Bonatch grew up in small town Pennsylvania and her love of the four seasons—hockey, biking, sweat pants and hibernation—keeps her there. While immersed in writing or reading paranormal romance and fantasy, she survives on caffeine, wine, music, and laughter. A feisty Shih Tzu keeps her in line. Find Maureen on her websiteFacebookTwitter

Be the first to know about Maureen’s book sales and new releases by following her on BookBub, Amazon and/or signing up for her newsletter



3 comments:

Diane Burton said...

Very encouraging post, Maureen. I don't have a routine, which makes me more unproductive. This shelter-in-place has really gotten me down, even though I totally approve our governor's decision to continue it through May. I admire people like you who have developed a routine and stick to it while working remotely. Stay safe.

Maureen said...

Thanks, Diane. I hope you and yours stay well and safe as well during this unusual time.

Nancy Gideon said...

Though retired, I'm loving the ability to Zoom with my critique so I don't feel so out of touch in this stressful time. Our Mid-Michigan RWA Chapter is also Zooming our chapter meetings and guest speakers. It's not quite up close and personal . . . but it's a lot safer!!