Sunday, December 4, 2022

Who Wants Magical Powers?



By Maureen Bonatch



I’ve always been fascinated by magic. Whether it was wondering how a microwave or fax machine worked or wishing I had magical powers like some of my favorite television shows. As my girls grew up, I always emphasized how magic surrounded them. 


Being able to open the van door with a raise of my hand (or a key fob behind my back) or the way I could see behind me with my back turned (if I could see their reflection on the television screen) helped to make them believers.


Because seeing the trick behind the curtain or debunking was never my desire, I love to look for magic in all things. 





But I also love to give my characters magical abilities ranging from mundane to magnificent in my books. 




Granted, having the power to heal would be a spectacular ability for many. Still, if I had to choose one magical ability specific to my needs, it would be to be able to teleport or orb.


I’m totally crushing on Leo and Paige’s ability in Charmed. 


I could be a better traveler. I hate to pack—and do a terrible job, and flying requires lots of preparation so my eardrums don’t cause me agony. 


Which Witch Would You Choose?


Here are some of my character's magical abilities:


  1. Abigail (Witch Shifter Series): Shift into a cat or other animals
  2. Carman (Grandma Must Die): Cast powerful spells
  3. Marissa (Charmed Cocktail Series): Create magical potions for various needs
  4. Celeste (That Magic Moment): Heal with touch
  5. Hope (The Enchantlings Series): Give hope or take it away with her touch
  6. Liv (Evil Speaks Softly): Hear spirits
  7. Sabrina (Forget Me Not):: See the future


So what would your magical crush be? One of the ones listed above? Or tell me one of your own.


As the cold weather continues be sure to Stay Cozy!
Happy Holidays!

Christmas Cozies in Kindle Unlimited

Want to find your holiday spirit? Load up on these Christmas Cozies.



Free Cozies for December 

Fill your Kindle with some Free Cozy Ebooks!






M.L. Bonatch believes music can be paired with every mood, laughter is contagious, and caffeine and wine are essential for survival. When she’s not doing the bidding of a feisty Shih Tzu, she’s a mom to twin daughters, exploring the beautiful woods of PA with her hubby and dancing as much as possible.

She writes paranormal cozy mysteries and paranormal romance as  M.L. Bonatch, urban fantasy and other genres as Maureen Bonatch.

 Follow M.L. Bonatch all through cyberspace! 

 Amazon page    BookBub Facebook Goodreads Newsletter https://www.maureenbonatch.com/free-book/



Keep the conversation going by joining my Facebook Group right HERE! https://www.facebook.com/groups/630494098126926


8 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

Definitely Hope. I love to encourage others, especially those new to this sometimes soul-crushing occupation. I remember those who gave me a push (a shove, really!) as a writer and enjoy paying it forward. Yes, the world needs love, but it needs hope just as much.

Jessica E. Subject said...

While the ability to heal would be very helpful, I've always wanted to ability to pause time. Mostly for personal reasons, but I can think of so many other ways to use that ability for good, too.

Maureen said...

love these suggestions Nancy & Jessica!

Nightingale said...

I'd like teleportation, please, though almost any magical power would be fabulousl

D. V. STONE said...

I'd love to be able to give hope. I'd also like a magic wand to make my tech work properly. 🙃

Maureen said...

Making tech work properly would be awesome! I'd love that ability!

Diane Burton said...

Sorry for being late to the party, Maureen. Love your suggestions. Teleporting would be my 1st choice, though it's tempting to say healing. Giving hope would be right up there, too. So difficult to choose.

Maureen said...

Thanks for stopping by Diane! Yes- give me my magic! lol