Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Read of the New Year

While I'm not sure if there's any truth to the whole "how you start your new year is how you'll finish it", I'm hoping that's the case. I was so deep in my current WIP (A Feast of Souls, Araneae Nation, Book Two) that I missed the countdown.

Still, if that's a hint of things to come I'll take it. I have plans for two more books this year and keeping my butt in the chair and hands on the keyboard is the only way that's going to happen.

The other thing I'm hoping is trend-setting is what I was reading. It should come as no surprise I was nose-deep in a fantasy title. Urban fantasy this time. Angela James told me I should read Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book One), so I am. LOL

Atlanta would be a nice place to live, if it weren’t for magic… One moment magic dominates, and cars stall and guns fail. The next, technology takes over and the defensive spells no longer protect your house from monsters. Here skyscrapers topple under onslaught of magic; werebears and werehyenas prowl through the ruined streets; and the Masters of the Dead, necromancers driven by their thirst of knowledge and wealth, pilot blood-crazed vampires with their minds. In this world lives Kate Daniels. Kate likes her sword a little too much and has a hard time controlling her mouth. The magic in her blood makes her a target, and she spent most of her life hiding in plain sight. But when Kate’s guardian is murdered, she must choose to do nothing and remain safe or to pursue his preternatural killer. Hiding is easy, but the right choice is rarely easy…


How about y'all? How did you ring in the new year? Any new series you started reading you've been putting off? Or new authors you just discovered?

No comments: