Sunday, January 8, 2012

Stacey's book binge!

I have been on a bit of a book buying binge lately. I’ve been sick with a horrible cold, which means less writing and more spare time. I must admit that I’ve really missed reading. I’ve been so busy with my nose stuck in my laptop that I haven’t had time to enjoy what I love most…reading!

So I ordered some books, curled up with a warm blanket and was ready to dive into a good story. Then the unthinkable happened. I was bored out of my mind. *gasps* I know! Have I just been away for too long that I couldn’t get into a story? I’m usually a pretty easy reader to please. As long as there is a good story I can overlook little issues, but I found myself doing the one thing that makes me cringe…the DNF!

You got it! I didn’t finish more than three books in a row. I was seriously worried for a bit that I lost interest in reading. That somehow I didn’t enjoy it as much as I used to. But then I came across two fantastic books that helped me out of my stink!

Keri Arthur’s, Darkness Unbound.


For all of those who know me know that I’m a huge (understatement) fan of Keri Arthur! I adored the Riley Jenson series. So I had no doubt that when I picked up her new Dark Angels series that I would once again be captivated. Ms. Arthur didn’t disappoint me. I devoured both Darkness Bound and Darkness Rising in a matter of days. *sigh* Yes, I’m eagerly awaiting the next one to come out.

So I found my happy place in reading again. I went to pick up my next book that I’d bought and…it happened again. I found myself trying to force myself to read it. It wasn’t that the books were in any way bad, because they were written so well and the plot was intriguing, but for some reason I couldn’t read on. I was in a total funk!

Of course, my favorite authors like Jeaniene Frost and Katie MacAlister will always keep me happy, but I need more authors to read, which leads me to the next treasure I found.

Jennifer L. Armentrout’s, Obsidian.

It’s been quite some time since I've read a book and found myself unable to put it down. I read every single chance I had, which brought me back to the place that I love to be—totally sucked into a story. I couldn’t walk away from it. Even when I did, I only wanted to go back and read more. Plus the fact that Daemon had me going back and forth between wanting to hit him and then had me melting made each word a thrilling experience to read. Something very special exists between Daemon and Katy. Something I haven't seen between two characters in a long time. A spark that was so captivating that I hung on every word of this story. The next book in this series cannot come fast enough! Like I need it NOW!

So…if you’re looking for a new read and haven’t picked these ones up yet, go now. Don’t look back. Outstanding books!

~Stacey

http://www.staceykennedy.com



2 comments:

Stephenie said...

I just read Obsidian last week and man was it good! I hope you enjoy is as much as I did. Jenn is fantastic and quickly becoming one of my favorite authors!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I am always looking for new books to read and it's hard to keep my attention too! Now I have Darkness Unbound to add to my list! I loved Obsidian and highly rec her Halfblood series also. I read YA and adult and put together a list of YA you might enjoy if you are into that too. http://notrektokross.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/top-10-ya-books-for-2011/