Tuesday, January 24, 2012

When Life Reminds Me...

I just got back home today from a wedding we went to in Jeckyll Island, Georgia. (Congratulations Lillian and Patrick, we are thrilled for you!)

On the day of the wedding, my husband and I leisurely strolled around Jeckyll Island hand-in-hand looking around. He had been to the island a lot as a child when they visited family but had not been back in two decades. I had never been there.
Let me tell you--it is beautiful.

But that is not the purpose of my story. In my most recently published book, Love Beyond Loyalty, two of the characters spend some time discussing Spanish Moss. Its actually a pivotal scene that travels between Love Beyond Loyalty and Love Beyond Sanity, the second book in the Outsider series. I wrote the scenes from my memory of the Moss that used to hang on the trees outside my bedroom window when I lived in New Orleans.

In New Jersey, I do not see such sights. I see other wonderful things but Spanish Moss on the trees, I do not.

As we were walking I looked up and there it was. I snapped a picture as my mind whirled. Even when I'm on vacation, life reminds me of how much I love this job I get to do telling stories. I had to share the picture with all of you.

Hope you're all well.

RR

No comments: