Saturday, May 12, 2012

Boring vs Routine

Available at Pink Petal Books
 and Amazon 
Hello everyone, I'm Lyncee Shillard. I'm very excited to be a part of this group.  In my recent release, Taking A Risk – a part of the Dangerous Men Dangerous Place anthology – Leigh is dumped by her fiancé for being boring, this spurs her to 'take a risk' – kayaking down the Amazon.  She ends up with a lot more than she bargained for ;)
So when does routine become something done out of boredom? I do laundry every Saturday. This is part of my weekend routine so does make me a boring person? Is my hubby getting ready to pack up? (First, he'll wait for the laundry to be finished or take dirty socks). How do you add 'spice' to an average life?  I've tried different things throughout the years some worked – some not so much. Like trying a new recipe once a week. This didn't add zing but it did result in stress. Finding the recipe, buy the ingredients, and having a plan B if we hated it.  I've done 'theme' night once a month when my kiddos were younger. It would be centered around a movie or game. But then the kiddos got older and wanted to hang out with friends…and now they have moved out. 
So once again I'm faced with am I boring? Or a creature of routine? I'd love to hear of some of the ways you 'take a risk.'

3 comments:

Annie Nicholas said...

I think I've grown boring. I try to organize some kind of activity that would be fun once a week. Not everyone thinks my ideas are fun though.

Rebecca Royce said...

I'm totally boring...You are totally not.

Lyncee said...

Rebecca .... not sure about that.
Annie - I tended to go WAY out on my theme nights...the kids friends wanted to attend. One time a son's friend walked in and told me - he had paid my son to come....