Saturday, May 5, 2012

New Look is Awesome!

Wow, the new look is awesome! And welcome to the new members of Paranormal Romantics, it's great to have you all aboard.

It's Cinco De Mayo! The Avengers are loose...the makings for a really good weekend. All I have to do is get my butt in gear and go out to get the ingredients for a margarita. Recipe for a good one anyone? I just had to go surfing (got caught in a time warp!) and was floored by the various varieties of tequila and styles of margaritas in general. There's so many to choose from. Original with Triple Sec or Cointreau, strawberry, slushy style, peach - they all sound simply delicious. Seems the one thing each mentions is beginning with a premium tequila. I'm a Patron girl myself if I'm in a sipping mood, however, don't like it in my margarita. The better the tequila, the less like tequila it tastes to me! Oh well...

On another note, the past few weeks have been rather trying. I found out Lord Greystoke has diabetes and giving my guy a shot twice a day is no fun. I understand from the vet he won't even feel it but, dang, I keep having nightmares of his hair disappearing and seeing all these little dots covering his body where I've given shots! Still, he's my Big Guy, whatever it takes to give him a good life is worth it. It probably hurts me more than him!!!

Also, I've signed a contract with Changeling Press for another Shepherd's Watch story: Controlled. I have edits for Quench, the followup to Hardcase at Ellora's Cave. Been busy the first part of this year and hope I can keep up the pace. Last year didn't see too much from me with my new job. Stay tuned for some wonderful stories. I hear a cat purring for cream in the near future and I think I'll dedicate it to my baby. *smile*

Growl and roar – it’s okay to let the beast out. – J. Hali Steele

5 comments:

Rebecca Royce said...

Oh my gosh, first off your baby looks just like my Archie did. So cute!!

Keep up the writing. I can't wait to read another Shephard's!!

J Hali Steele said...

Thanks, just love his stripes! I got a lot from your last post and I think you hit the nail on the head when you said keep writing--really good advice! *smile*

Annie Nicholas said...

Yay! Congrats on the new contract. You're back in the saddle again.

Hailey Edwards said...

Congrats on the new contract!

I think most things with pets and children hurt the parents worse than it hurts them. They get mad and get over it. We get stuck with the guilt. lol

J Hali Steele said...

Thanks, I sure hope so Annie!
Hailey, thanks, and you're so right--it's guilt!! :)