Monday, March 4, 2013

It's All About the Swag


I spent most of my day yesterday making promotional swag for upcoming conferences. Each time I attend a conference, I like to change up what I take with me a little. To the last conference I attended, I had shot glasses made with the logo for a chopper shop from one of my books. Luckily I knew someone that was driving to the conference and I was able to ship them to her in order to get them to the conference. No way would I have taken those on a plane with me. Or tried to pack them in my checked luggage.

For the upcoming conference I'll be attending (RT Con in Kansas City), everyone I know will be flying. So, I needed to come up with a few things that I could pack in my luggage that wouldn't weight a ton. This time I'll be bringing buttons, travel mugs and booklets. Luckily I've some design skills and I can make the graphics myself (thereby cutting down on the cost of paying someone else) and just find a place to upload my artwork onto the item, print and ship to me. It's actually fun working on the graphics to come up with something to have available to readers. It's easy to get caught up in it however and forget that I have edits waiting for me to handle!

Still looking for that one special thing to bring, though. Hailey Edwards posted yesterday about her fabulous swag she had made up for series that's really unique. Such an inventive idea.

No comments: