Saturday, August 10, 2013

Back from Camping & News

I had a fantastic time camping! We went to Sandbanks Provincial Park. I went there almost every summer as a kid. Growing up on the outskirts of Toronto had it's perks. It was only 2.5 hrs to this piece of paradise. When I got married I moved far away. Almost 5 hrs away. *sob* So my kids and hubby had never been.

Now they have and they love it as much as me.

It was nice to unplug for a few days, but then it became apparent that I needed a smart phone. Something to check in once and a while. There was a rush of emails. EEK!

So now I'm the proud owner of an iPhone 4s.

Part of the flurry of emails was one from my new editor Harlequin Medicals (My most awesome first editor dropped down to a part time freelance gig to stay home with her young ones), they were offering me another three book contract.

Of course the first deadline for this book is October 15th. *gasp*

I'm just finishing up the third bear book for Ellora's Cave so I can start on the next medical.

I'm drowning a bit in deadlines, because even though the next medical is due October 15th, I need it done before October 10th, because I'm driving down to Romanticon in Ohio.

So as I climb into my writing cave ...again, I thought I'd share some pictures of my trip to Prince Edward County, Ontario (Sandbanks Provincial Park).


The dunes about 7 a.m.


The beach before all the day use people come. The sandy, shallow shoal on Lake Ontario is peaceful and calm. How I miss this area.


Lake on the Mount near Picton Ontario. Sacred to the Mohawk people.



No comments: