Thursday, December 7, 2023

Looking ahead to 2024

 


LOOKING AHEAD TO 2024

Jessica E. Subject

I've mentioned in previous posts that I don't like to make resolutions, but I definitely have goals for the new year. While I finished writing two stories this year, only one of them has been published. Either way, the result is far less than the goals I set for myself. Why? I had a hard time adjusting to changes in my life. Just as I was getting used to my oldest child off at school, my dog (who was very much my shadow) became very ill and we had to have her put down. We knew it was coming, but it was still extremely hard for me. A few months later, we brought another dog into our home. And while she is an absolute joy, and my new shadow, she took a lot of time to adjust to living in a house. The first year of her life was spent in a barn, out in the wild, and then at the local shelter. And that emotional roller coaster of all those changes made it hard for me to focus on writing.

By the later half of this year, I was back in the game, able to focus again. I finished writing 4 United, submitted it, and had it release at the end of September. And last month, I finished and submitted another story, which is likely to release in February. I will share more information on that in my newsletter and on social media soon. 


I'm currently in the process of plotting/writing three stories. Two of them are stories that will be part of my Romance Tales from the Quadrants series, and the other is a story that has been stirring in my head and begging to be written. The third one isn't a romance though. It's a futuristic story about a mother's love for her family, but there is no happy ending. I don't know what I'll do with that story, but my goal is to write all three of them by the end of next year. *fingers crossed*

Do you have any goals for 2024? Or are you still focused on 2023 and getting through the holidays? Yeah, I'm still doing that, too. LOL

Happy Holidays, and Best Wishes to You for the New Year!



2 comments:

Nancy Gideon said...

Woo Hoo! Sounds like a great plan for 2024. Can't wait to reap the reading reward of your efforts. As for me, I got a boatload of book rights returned from the '90s so those books need to be scanned since I have no digital copies. A lot of work but so much fun to revisit those worlds!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Yay for getting your rights back! They will definitely keep you busy, but yeah, it's always nice to revisit those worlds and characters again.