Wednesday, September 25, 2024

It’s Hard to Keep a Good Blog Down by Nancy Gideon


Is it just me or are all of you noticing a steep downward trend in group blogging? I used to belong to five very active sites besides Goodreads where I’d either post once a week or once a month. Yes, they took up time, but they gave me something better in return . . . a connection with avid writer AND reader friends, and the discipline to maintain steady contact with them. Over the years, I’ve discovered awesome friends and fans and was able to expand my reach via each groups’ varied membership. I hate to think that those connections will soon be a thing of the past. Am I the only one concerned here?

If not PNR, where are you going to communicate with fans and potential readers? Where are your fans heading to feast on author news? This inquiring – and concerned - author needs to know.

I LOVE to connect with those in the business of writing and the love of reading. I’ve gotten career changing advice from the pros and met amazing fans. That’s a difficult thing to just walk away from. I hope that’s not just me . . .

Are you authors and readers still out there? Is this a seasonal slump with recovery right around the corner? Or is it time for me to put out my Will Blog for Food applications? Is there some need we’re not fulfilling? Is there some new twist we can provide to keep the flame burning? Or is blogging a lost communication form? I hope not. I’ve loved posting here and have looked forward to the 25th of the month for years – waaay too long to just walk away without an explanation or at least a fond good-bye. Hope to hear an answer soon . . .
♚♚♚♚♚
Nancy Gideon on the Web

No comments: