- 2013 (95)
- 2012 (299)
- 2011 (392)
- 2010 (372)
- Welcome, Liena Ferror
- Upcoming Paranormal & Sci-Fi Goodies to Add to You...
- Interview with Antonia Tirinth!
- The Waiting is the Hardest Part
- Writing Under the Influence.
- Paranormal Romantics Goes International!
- Testing Romantic Conventions
- Back to the Beginning
- Interview with author Esmerelda Bishop
- Happy Manic Monday everyone. Truth be told, I'm e...
- ARE YOU KIND?
- Of Books and TV Shows
- Confidence...where art thou?
- House construction and noisy characters
- Got Fairy?
- Repeat That Please!
- A Call For Dialogue Between Readers and Authors
- Frankly, My Dear...
- Our Bad Heroes and Getting to a Happy End
- Happy Monday everyone. Today I've invited author R...
- Happy 4th of July
- Back from Planet Brain Freeze
- Persistence--Can't Write Without It
Monday, July 20, 2009
10:11 AM | Posted by Annie Nicholas | | Edit Post
Happy Manic Monday everyone. Truth be told, I'm exhausted. I started my vacation on Friday and my weekend has been crazy. Today, I'm stepping back and reminding myself that I'm suppose to be relaxing and not killing myself!
These last few weeks I've been pondering skill vs talent. Personally, I think talent is something that comes naturally to someone and skill is something learned. The perfect combination of these two things is what makes our stars in sports, music, acting, and of course, writing.
I've read comments in other forums and blogs that have lead me to a conclusion. It is easier for an author to learn the skill of writing than to learn the art of storytelling. Am I wrong?
Depending on comments. I would like to offer monthly articles or links to them on the craft. Maybe if I lucky a educated guest speaker.
Grammar is my biggest weakness and I'm considering signing up for a basic class since articles are not helping. What is yours and what are you doing about it?