Thursday, June 3, 2010

Going Where You've Not Been Before

Howdy there! I'm one of the newer members of the Paranormal Romantics blog, Sara, so I haven't been around for the whole year. Maybe a month? LOL Since we're all talking about first posts, first books, etc. I'm continuing that theme. Last week I posted about waiting and I'm happy to report the waiting game is over for me.

I accepted an offer on Sunday. While that's not a first for me, what is a first is it's a genre I've not published in before. First and foremost, I love my paranormal romance. My vampires and Fae hold a very special place in my heart as they're the ones who started all of this for me (in fact, I'm in edits for the second book in my paranormal series while working on the third - so I love them even more right now). Science Fiction is also a passion for me since I grew up with so much of it in my life. But with this newest book, I'm venturing in a genre I've usually only read - contemporary.

I've always written characters who could "do" something but this is the first time there's nothing supernatural or out of this world. The story is extraordinary though, as are the characters. Not everyone will be comfortable with some of the sexual scenes either as they are some of the more explicit ones I've written, but that was something the characters dictated. It's a story about giving up control and learning about limits. It's also about a woman who defies stereotypes by being the one who is the geek.

So...while I can't give this book away yet - it was just contracted Monday! - I can give away my first published book, Flash of Dark, which is a paranormal romance. So leave a comment - and your email address - by Midnight EST and I'll draw a winner!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big congrats on your new contract. Looks like a good read.

So, here I am, the paranormal junkie back again...hehe!!!

Valerie
valb0302@yahoo.com
in Germany

Annie Nicholas said...

Congrats on the contract! I knew you got one but didn't know it was contempoary story!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Congrats on the contract!

tetewa said...

Paranormal is my favorite genre to read, congrats to you! tWarner419@aol.com

The Scarf Princess said...

Congrats on the new contract! I look forward to your new releases. And what a wonderful genre you've chosen to write in. Such exciting storylines and sexy beasts.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Sherry said...

Congratulations on your new contract. I love all kinds of books
I read just about every kind of romance there is and I think you'll do a great job with a contemporary.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Cathy M said...

Well, big congrats, Sara, that's wonderful news. Just peeked at the excerpt for Flash of Dark and would love a chance to read it.



caity_mack at yahoo dot com

J Hali Steele said...

Congrats, Sara, that's wonderful news--and a contemporary! I know what you mean. The hardest part about writing contemporary for me was not being able to let the characters get in each other's heads!!

Wow, it's great to see so many familiar names visiting for our Birthday celebration!

Happy Birthday PR as we near the end of the first week--but not the celebration.

s7anna said...

Congratulations on your new project!

*hugs*
Anna
s7anna@yahoo.ca

Scott Romanski said...

Congrats on the new sale. Can't wait to read it.

lastrideusa AT yahoo DOT com

elaing8 said...

Congratulations Sara on your new contract.Looking forward to reading it.
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

LORETTA CANTON said...

Good luck with your contract.

lorettaC

lbcanton@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Sara on venturing into a new venue the paranormal. I think you will be vastly sucessful in it.

SuzyQ1955(at)alo(dot)com

Stacey Smith said...

congrats but do not leave the Paranormal be hind.I just love Paranormal books.but I'm sher your new book will be great to.

sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

Sara Brookes said...

Congrats to Susan for winning - I'll have another contest next week!