Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome to Westervelt





Welcome to Westervelt

Hi Everyone,It's celebration time here at Paranormal Romantics. We've been writing to all of you for 1 year!

Can you believe how fast a year goes? So much has happened since we first started blogging here. Books have been released, stories have been written, and for me, a baby was born. He's eight months old now, which is scary.

Well, when I was thinking about what I wanted to do for all of you today, I decided that what I really wanted to share with all of you was a blog I wrote some time ago as a guest blogger for the Love That Shifters blog. I really thought that it captured my feelings about the series I have been writing with Liquid Silver Books. I hope you enjoy it. And stop by every day this month. I can't speak for everyone, but the original four are giving away prizes. 
So what is my prize? You might ask. One lucky commentator gets a copy of Her Wolf, the book that started it all. 
Check out my Westervelt post, comment, leave me your e-mail address, and I'll get you your copy! 


RR



Welcome to Westervelt…

It’s funny how my shifter stories came to me. I was in one of our local parks. The unique thing about this particular place is that in addition to being a park that contains amusements, it is also connected to a zoo. I had my sons with me and as we rode the little train that takes you around the back of the animal cages, I found myself completely fascinated by watching the wolves.

I think it helped that it was Halloween and the zoo was decorated for the occasion. It leant a certain dark element to the otherwise benign surroundings. And as I sat in that train holding my son and looking at the wolves, Tristan Kane was born. I asked myself who he was and the answer came easily. He was the third son of a royal Wolf pack trapped in his wolf form waiting for his mate.



BOOM.



The world building began and Her Wolf: The Westervelt Wolves Book 1, which was released August 3rd 2009 from Liquid Silver Books, came into existence. Once I had met Tristan, everything else was instantly clear. Tristan’s mate Ashlee appeared to me on the drive home from the zoo. I drove past a house in one of the local neighborhoods and it felt like Ashlee lived there. It felt like I had known her all my life, like she was one of the girls I grew up with.

She had a sister: Summer. A-ha, I thought, but who is Summer’s mate? Cullen…the pack enforcer, pivotal to their survival and yet always alone. Summer’s Wolf: The Westervelt Wolves Book 2.Tristan wasn’t alone he had a whole wolf pack behind him including his five brothers. Michael, Gabriel, Tristan, Theo, Azriel, and Rex. They each had their story.

By the time I’d driven home I knew each of them. Michael was wounded…he hadn’t been able to lead the pack. He wasn’t Alpha. Gabriel was the Warrior, always responsible, alone in a crowd. Theo was injured, physically, almost beyond recognition. Could he ever be brought back? Azriel was different, less wolf-esque than his brothers, more cerebral. Rex was misunderstood, the youngest, looking for his place.

And yet they were all shifters. Always at one with their wolves and in constant battle with them for dominance.

The women they were paired with would have to be special, strong, capable to handle the constant battle for the survival the Westervelt men face on a daily basis.



Because Kendrick won’t let them go.

What would it mean, I asked myself, to be betrayed by your Alpha? What would it mean to be nearly destroyed by your father? To lose your mother to violence, to watch your parents betray everything about your lineage? How would you pick up the pieces?

Since I wrote Her Wolf, three other books have been published in Westervelt. Summer’s Wolf, Wolf Reborn (Theo’s story) and Wolf’s Valentine, which branches out in the pack and introduces us to Malcolm, a member of Westervelt who is not a Kane. I’m pleased to say that I’ve just signed a contract for Wolf’s Magic, which is Azriel’s story and I’ll be thrilled when I can bring that to you.



There will be four books left in the Westervelt series. Michael, Gabriel, Rex, and….

She’s coming. She’s been mentioned in every book and I haven’t forgotten her because as anyone who reads Shifter books can tell you, the stories are always about the women….

It will be hard to eventually say goodbye to the pack that has lived for so long in my mind. I don’t think there will ever be a time when I drive down the street, watching the leaves change that I won’t wonder in the corner of my mind what is happening on Westervelt. I don’t think there will ever be a time that I won’t see a wolf cage and remember the third son of Westervelt, lost, alone and waiting for her….

Don't forget to leave me your e-mail address in your comment!

20 comments:

DanielleQ.Lee said...

I love all the names you have chosen for your characters! Sounds like a rich, beautiful story! Dlee0614@yahoo.ca

Teirney M said...

Happy Birthday PR...I wish you many more with even more titles and bigger success! Again, HB Ladies! You deserve it :)

elaing8 said...

This series sounds really good.I must read it :)

Happy 1st Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Congrats on your anniversary. Looks like things are going to be a lot of fun around here. I shall surely be popping in to read about good books and hear from authors.

I love werewolf stories and your characters sound very intriguing.

Valerie
valb0302@yahoo.com

Cathy M said...

Happy Anniversary! This sounds like a must read series for me, and I would love to read Her Wolf. The best part is that I can continue right thru the series and reading all the stories back to back. Love that...


caity_mack(at)yahoo(dot)com

The Scarf Princess said...

I too love werewolf stories and love the description of this series and how you went about creating it. I look forward to reading it.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Annie Nicholas said...

I love reading how other authors come up with ideas. It's amazing how all the pieces fall into place so quick.

J Hali Steele said...

Oh, Rebecca, I read the part about you riding down the street wondering what was happening on Westervelt and I got sad!

Happy Birthday PR!!

Anonymous said...

It's incredible how one's surrounding can inspire such vivid and memorable characters.

Can't wait to check out the series! Happy anniversary hun. :)

s7anna said...

Happy Blogoversary! Wish you many more successful years to come!

*hugs*
Anna
s7anna@yahoo.ca

Virginia C said...

Hi, Rebecca! Writers in love with their characters weave an irresistible romantic spell : )

US Resident, Follower, Subscriber

gcwhiskas at aol dot com

Liia Ann said...

Ohh can't wait to read this!
You're a great writer.
Liia
l.white@iinet.net.au

Sherry said...

This sounds like a great series I love werewolf books. I can't wait to read them.

sstrode@scrtc.com

LORETTA CANTON said...

This is a series that I'm going to have to read.

lorettaC
lbcanton@verizon.net

Ashley said...

I thought I was the only one who wrote the stories out in their brains as they drive LOL!!! It gets me in trouble sometimes...LOL!!!

Congrats on the Wolves and I am dreading the last novel I write for Ike, but it will be when she is done nagging me with all these things she has done LOL!!!!

Congrats on your year Anniversary!

~Ash.
Oh and you know how to find me!

Stacey Smith said...

I love Werewolve and realy I just love wolve.Happy Anniversary!!


sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

Rebecca Royce said...

Congratulations Sherry on winning a copy of Her Wolf and thank you everyone for coming by. Make sure you drop by all month for prizes and next Tuesday when I give away another copy of one of my books!

Rebecca

Carol L. said...

I love Were wolves. I enjoyed reading about how it came about. I'm just sad to say I haven't read them yet. But I definitely will.Thanks again.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

tetewa said...

I'm always looking for new authors to read, sounds good! tWarner419@aol.com

Janal said...

I actually just finished these books and I must say, you now have me waiting until the next book will come out. (I hope it's soon) ^_^