Friday, March 25, 2011

Aimlessly wandering...

Meander: (from the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language)


1. To follow a winding and turning course: Streams tend to meander through level land.
2. To move aimlessly and idly without fixed direction: vagabonds meandering through life.

Ahhh, the above description fits my life perfectly right now. In fact, a synonym of meander is wander—and that’s exactly what it feels like I’ve been doing for the past 6 months or so!

I’m finishing Zader's Menagerie, a story in the Extra Cream series at Changeling Press, hope to have it completed and turned in before I leave for RT in LA, if not it’ll be done shortly after. I’ve also been putting the finishing touches on a short story that doesn’t have a name, though I do have a home in mind. It wouldn’t let me rest until I at least began writing it. AND it’s contemporary…

I’m settling into my new job well, getting used to the hours and being up late again. I no longer go to bed before the sun sets, or rise with the chickens. *smile*

For a bit I felt guilty I didn’t get much writing done, I’m accomplishing anywhere from 500 to 1K each time I open a WIP. In the past, my numbers were very much higher. I’m learning to accept my limitations, and how much I can do well. But to me – it feels like I’m meandering through each day as I shift gears back into the "world of the working".

All of this is trivial when I think of things happening in the world. I’m treating each day as a blessing.

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

2 comments:

Annie Nicholas said...

500-1k is an excellent goal. Like you said, it's not quantity but quality that counts.

Anonymous said...

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my web site so i came to “return the
favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your
ideas!!

Feel free to surf to my homepage :: chaturbate token generator