Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Do I need popcorn for this?

I'm not big on movies. I'm not a fan of crowds, and movie theaters have not been kind to my eardrums (or my wallet). I don't watch much television either. Good Lord, I'm a hermit! LOL Anyway, it's rare for me to watch enough TV to see a movie trailer, let alone sit still long enough to watch it. I get most of my movie news through Twitter or on Facebook. So when I saw a movie advertised as "Sucker Punch," I was thinking action? Maybe? And I like action flicks from time to time, so I clicked on it.

Four seconds in, I was wondering what was about to happen to the blonde kid. Ten seconds in, I was convinced it was a horror flick (dark filter, mental ward, etc). By the twenty-six second mark, I was thinking you don't see many giant samurais in horror flicks. So maybe this is something cool after all. Around thirty-five, I wondered if this was some kind of Pussycat Dollesque film??? Then came the forty second mark. That's when I decided this movie was a mishmash of all kinds of insane things, that I had no idea what was going on, but there was a dragon--so WIN!

With that decision made, the rest of the trailer was pretty awesome. Much action, some fantasy and scifi action happening. For the first time since How to Train Your Dragon, I want to see a movie. My husband is still not convinced this won't be a waste of fifteen dollars. Frankly, I'm not either. Movies today ain't what they used to be. Still, it looks fast-paced and actiony. So it should keep us entertained.

How about y'all? Any thoughts on this movie or any others you think will be good?


4 comments:

Elena Gray said...

That was the first preview that I've seen for Sucker Punch. We have a girl's night out planned to see Red Riding Hood. Haven't heard the reviews on it yet, but we really don't care since it's a night out.

Annie Nicholas said...

This is right up my alley.

I love cross genre stories with lots of action.

It's a little cyber punk.

Rebecca Royce said...

I'm actually looking forward to this one. It just seems sort of out there and away from the 'norm' I guess.

Hailey Edwards said...

Oh, I hadn't heard about the Red Riding Hood movie. I just watched the trailer. Looks like it could be good. I know what you mean, though. 90% of the experience is just getting out of the house in the first place. LOL

Annie, you should read the IMDb info. It clears things up, and makes me think I definitely need to watch it.

You are right on, Rebecca. I like out of the ordinary, and this fits the bill several times over (or appears to). I guess I should look up a release date too, huh? That might help me actually remember to go see it. lol