Sunday, March 20, 2011




Healing Hearts
Author: Taryn Kincaid
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Carnia Press
ISBN: 9781426891274
eBook: $2.69
Rating:


This is one of those short stories that could have been an amazing full length novel, but I’m so happy Ms. Kincaid kept it short. It didn’t need the length to be spectacular! It focused on the moment two people longing for each other reunited and I enjoyed every darn minute of it.
I promise not to ruin anything, but I have to share the scene that melted my heart. Emma is a child and Adam a teenager. She demands something of him that is so innocent, yet so Emma. I don’t want to spoil it so I’ll keep my mouth sealed about what was exchanged between them, but this scene was probably one of the sweetest moments I’ve read in a story…and I doubt it will ever leave my mind.
Adam Caldwell has officially stolen my heart. I drooled over this man. He’s a tormented soul and watching him gain his life back had me cheering him on. Below I share my favorite snippet from HEALING HEARTS and it was at that point I fell madly in love with him and got all giddy over the man. Emma Whiteside is strong but suffering from a broken heart. I enjoyed seeing her go back and forth in her resolve to fight against the love she felt for Adam and sorting through her grief. To me it made the story so real. She battled against herself over and over again and I experienced those emotions with her.
Emotional stuff aside, the sexual tension in this book is smokin’ and I would swear I felt Adam’s kisses along my skin. Passion between the two wasn’t an issue and experiencing their need for each other left my cheeks flaming hot!!
Sigh. I loved this story. Ms. Kincaid is a lovely writer and her voice drew me right in to the point where it was more than reading words on a page…it was like I lived it!
THE BLURB:
As a girl, Emma Whiteside asked Adam Caldwell, Viscount Riverton, to wait for her to be of marriageable age. Now, twelve years later, Emma hates Adam as much as she once loved him, holding the former army major responsible for the death of her brother on the battlefield.
Adam already blames himself for the loss of the men under his command. But the fiery young woman Emma's become sparks his arousal, as well as emotions Adam thought long dead. The passion between them makes him want to reclaim the man he was before the war.
Though she tries to hold on to her hatred, Emma's longing for Adam is undeniable, especially after the two share a smoldering kiss. Still, Adam is certain no woman would want a man so damaged. Can Emma prove him wrong?
A LINE THAT HAD ME DROOLING WITH WORD ENVY ― (Okay it’s a little over a line, but this scene raised goosebumps on my skin! Adam’s presence when he calls to her left me breathless.)
Emma stared from one man to the other as if a bolt of lightning had riveted her to her place behind the large piece of furniture. Revulsion filled her eyes when she looked at Farraday—shame when she gazed upon Adam.
Damn it to bloody blue blazes, he thought. The hell with her stiff-backed pride. He would have leapt to her side and knocked the other man senseless if he could. But he’d left his agility in a Spanish ditch.
“To me, Emma,” Adam repeated, his voice calm but forceful.

3 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

I love you, Stacey Kennedy.

(One of my favorite lines, also!)

Stacey Kennedy said...

I LOVED that part...it gave me goosebumps all over!!

Ann Mayburn said...

I've been stalking this story and waiting for it to come out via various Six Sentence Sunday reads. :D