Friday, March 4, 2011

It's Friday

I'm rested, listening to music, and I hope to write a little today--WHOOT!

I believe music is food for the soul. I know there are days when I do nothing but listen to various CDs from my collection, and relax. When planning a long drive, I get all excited about selecting what I want to hear, it's part of the journey, and it depends greatly on my mood. Of course, my taste is eclectic, running the gamut from opera, broadway, movie scores, and techno tango, to soul and rock. Have to say, though, my favorite is a sound that was dubbed 'New Age' years ago. I like the mixes of instruments, and voices punctuating this type of music, for me it brings an overwhelming feeling of peace. Think Yanni, Andreas Vollenweider, Jean Luc Ponty, and there are many others. It soothes me, allows my mind to wander to new places, think new thoughts... Hmm, wonder if that's why it was dubbed new age? *smile*

Thought I'd share a few of my favs with you today. Enjoy!!

Andreas Vollenweider's Dancing With the Lion (the photos of wild animals are magnificent in this video)


Armik's Tear Drops (romantic guitar)


Checkfield's Through the Lens (reminds me of the many cities I've traveled through)


David Arkenstone's The Dragon's Breath (MUST see the dragons in this Celtic piece)


Have an awesome day, and remember:

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

3 comments:

Niki I said...

Hurry up and write my next favorite book. LOL.

J Hali Steele said...

*grin* thanks, Niki. Crystal ball's all cloudy, but I think a see a cat...

Niki I said...

Oh,la,la. Feline love. I am loving the concept.