Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Music to My Ears

Back when MTV and VH1 played, I don't know, music, I loved to watch the different videos. Now that I write, music is a huge part of my process. Songs inspire everything from plots to characters. I even listen to music to help set the emotional tone of whatever I'm writing. Though music videos are rare finds these days (at least for me), it's rarer that I see one that inspires me enough to ponder what kind of book would this be?

Recently, I got inspired by a video for a song called Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri. Check it out. The song is lovely, but the video really struck a chord with me.



So--musical inspiration? Who else has some?

3 comments:

D. F. Krieger said...

Music and writing pretty well go hand in hand with me. If I'm not physically listening to music, I'll still have a song in my head while I'm writing. Usually it's along the lines of Depeche Mode.

Rebecca Royce said...

Very intense video. I've heard the song on the radio but I hadn't seen this. Thank you for sharing it!

Annie Nicholas said...

I love this song. It has such great writing and is on two of my playlist for future books. I have great respect for songwriters who can evoke such emotions with so little words.