Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pick A Hero...Any Hero


Annie's post yesterday go me thinking. Writers talk all the time about who we use for our inspiration for various parts. I know that three very popular authors were all using the actor from House for their heroes recently.

For me, my most current inspiration for my Work In Progress, Embraced, is from the actor Ian Anthony Dale. He stars on the television show "The Event." Are you watching "The Event?" Its one of my favorite shows.

Anyway, I tweeted one day that I wanted to use Ian Anthony Dale as my next hero and--BOOM--he tweeted back, which totally made my day. So I did use him in my new book Embraced.

By the way, Embraced is the next book in my Conditioned series. The first one in that series is releasing this FRIDAY with Decadent Publishing and it is called Eye Contact (see below.)

So who inspires you??

11 comments:

Liia Ann White said...

I find myself using Taylor Kitsch as a model for a lot of characters. I might have a little bit of an infatuation with him! But he won't tweet me in reply ;-)
Liia <3

Rebecca Royce said...

Liia Ann--Taylor was a model for one of my heroes too. I think we must watch the same shows. Good suggestion.

Liia Ann White said...

We must! I knew we were too similar.
I just might be using Ian Anthony Dale soon too.

Anonymous said...

I used Channing Tatum for one of my books (When he was in the film Fighting) And i am newly inspired by Torrance Coombs from The Tudors. And by 'newly inspired, i mean i have a crush on him. LOL He just has these amazing eyes.

Rebecca Royce said...

He does. I also like Henry Cavill from the Tudors. Thats a great show for inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

I just HAVE to tell you, I tweeted him and he tweeted back!!! *Swoon* My day - week - year, has been made!!!

Rebecca Royce said...

Its really cool when that happens!!! I loved it when it happened to me. LOL

Taryn Kincaid said...

Robert Downey Jr.

Rebecca Royce said...

Taryn--yeah, that works! LOL

V.K. Tremain said...

Gerard Butler is very inspirational for me!

Rebecca Royce said...

V.K.--to most women I think LOL