Sunday, March 27, 2011

Squee Worthy!!


Happy Sunday! I’m stepping away from reviews today to share some exciting news. A couple months ago, I decided to take a leap of faith and self-publish, STOLEN DREAMS – The Lingering Spirit Book One. I love my epubs and do not intend to become only an indie author. But I decided to self-pub for one reason, I wanted to have my story available to my readers for a lower price. I didn’t sit around and hum over the idea for a long time, I just decided, why not? and published it.
Of course, I had it edited professionally—a mustand had it proofed to make sure the story was as clean as it could be before I introduced it to the world. I worked with a cover artist from one of my epubs and she designed a fabulous cover that I’m in love with! I also sent the book to be designed to a fantastic lady I’ve worked with several times on my print editions. I wanted the work to look professional, also a must. When it was all said and done, I honestly had no expectations for how the story would do once released. My only hope was that my readers loved the characters as much as I do.
It has been a month now since STOLEN DREAMS released and I have to say I’m stunned. Between Smashwords and Amazon, I have sold over four hundred copies. And I still haven’t got a sales report from Barnes & Nobel. Shocking, right? But that’s not the only good news, the story has hit Amazon’s Bestseller list.
When I released STOLEN DREAMS, I had no idea it would take off like it has, and didn’t expect it to become so popular so quickly. All I can say is thank you. This series is one of my favorites and I’m so excited to start next book in April.

So for anyone out there contemplating self-publishing, go for it! I’ve had huge success in such a short time and it’s been nothing but a stellar experience for me!



3 comments:

D L Jackson said...

That's fantastic news, Stacey. I too have considered indie, but haven't decided which WIP I want to jump into it with.

Annie Nicholas said...

Congrats!

Stacey Kennedy said...

Thanks ladies! I totally recommend it...it's been fantastic!!! :D