Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What TIme Is It?

Okay, so this picture reminded me that as writers we frequently make mistakes in our writing. Like the one above. Obviously, the director did not want Gandalff wearing a wrist watch in this shot.

For me, I have actually, on more than one occasion, made silly mistakes that have made it far into the process before it was found. I've heard that writers who craft a series for many, many years end up making up databases to not make mistakes.

Have you ever made any or found any?

4 comments:

Kristabel Reed said...

I love pictures like this, where someone with a much better eye for it than I could ever have, spots stuff like this.

Maybe Gandof had a date he didn't want to miss...;)

A database, eh? Sounds better than the sticky notes I use during a book to keep track of eye color, hair color, etc. Simple but effective.

D. F. Krieger said...

I use character bibles and chapter by chapter synopsis usually. I became a firm believer when my heroine unbuttoned her silk shirt (which was described earlier that chapter as a corset).

Annie Nicholas said...

I need a database. I'm getting sick of having to go through earlier books to find out someone's eye color. LOL

I also need an assistant to do it for me.

Hailey Edwards said...

Oh, yes. My first attempt at sequel writing, and I directly contradicted myself. I am so thankful a beta read book one and two back-to-back, checking for inconsistencies. I need to send her flowers or chocolate or something.