Wednesday, May 9, 2012

10 Things You'll Love About Me




It's official! I'm a paranormal romantic. Not that this should surprise anyone who knows me, but being a bit of a schizophrenic writer, my love of the paranormal has waxed and waned in my book choices through the years. Like the cycles of the moon, I always return to a robust love affair with the books that marry two of my favorite genres: romance and fantasy.  Weaned on romance novels courtesy of my grandmother, I fell in love with fantasy in my late elementary, early junior high career via Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.  Urban fantasy is something of a no brainer, but paranormal romance is like the cherry on my the library cream sundae!

What You Need To Know

So what do you need to know about me? I'm a fairly prolific author, I've always got about ten ideas vying for my mental attention. At any given time I'm editing one novel, writing another and plotting a third. If you're thinking that I'm a little bit nuts, don't worry.

I'm a lot nuts.  Remember the schizophrenic comment above? Well, my love all books and genres translates into several series from erotic contemporary romance to paranormal romance to urban fantasy and one of my particular favorites at the moment: paranormal western historical romance.  It's a marriage of everything I love in all those genres.

So what will you love about me?





Love Letters From Me

I love to blog about the things that I love. I try not to focus too much on what I don't or even write the things that I "should" because if I remember anything from school, those things that I have to write are usually the things that bore.  So the ten things you'll love about me:

1. I'm a fan first. Go figure, most authors are in this business because we can't do anything but write and I am definitely one of them. But along with writing, I'm a reader. I love talking to you about the books I love to read almost more than the ones I write. So don't be surprised if my blogs tend to focus on everyone but me.

2. I am a huge Vampire Diaries fan and by fan I mean it's one of the only shows on television that I'll actually watch live with commercials and everything because I just can't stand to wait anymore. I'm also a raging Delena shipper. I totally get that she loves Stefan TOO, but she is in love with Damon. If I could just convince network television it was ready for a full time menage...but I digress...

3. Yes, I digress a lot. I have a bit of shiny object syndrome.  Speaking of shiny objects, did you see The Avengers?

4. I am a total comic book nerd. I grew up reading comic books and I used to write fan fiction for my favorite teams including the The New Teen Titans, the X-Men, The Avengers.

5. I am in total lust with Chris Hemsworth's Thor.  Just remember that if I ever offer a prize and the question is who is Heather's lust buddy? You can't go wrong with Hemsworth (but Ian Smoulderholder is a damn close second!)

6. I love ensemble casts in books, in television shows and in movies (hence all my lusts for the above mentioned programming and series).

7. Speaking of Avengers, Joss Whedon is a brilliant writer. I love to take notes from how he puts together stories and characters.  I'm also a huge, huge fan of Nalini Singh, Patricia Briggs, Carole Mortimer, Melissa Schroeder, Nikki Duncan, Virginia Nelson, Lisa Pietsch, Rebecca Royce, Stacey Kennedy...yeah, okay that list will take forever. I love a LOT of writers and I know there are writers out there that I haven't read yet that I will love, but that's only because I haven't had time to read them.

Yet.

8. I'm extremely shy and retiring about sharing my opinion.

9. What? I am!

10. See and I can make lists go all the way to ten with just a dash of sweetness and a hell of a lot of snark!

So, what will I love about you?  Go on. You can tell me.

Heather Long likes to write snarky women and hot romance. She's from Texas, so don't mess with her. She loves to hear from her readers (and anyone else's readers for that matter).  You can find her at http://www.heatherlong.net

5 comments:

Annie Nicholas said...

OMG, Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, that takes me back. I so loved the evil twin!

See, Hailey, even in high school I routed for the bad guy. LOL

Rebecca Royce said...

I love that you're a prolific writer. You're a LOL addict. So glad to have you here.

Ella Drake said...

Hi Heather! We can be new together!

Heather Long said...

Hello ladies all!

Annie, I adored Raistlin. Hell, I even like Kitiara more than Laurana. I wanted Tanis to work it out with her.

Thanks Rebecca, sometimes I'm too prolific. But I am glad to be here.

Ella, yay! I saw that. I've been playing catch up all week, but I am thrilled to be in such beautiful company.

Brenda Hyde said...

I love Joss Wheadon too, and all things comic related. I did love Thor but I thought he needed FAR more chemistry with Natalie Portman in the movie. FAR MORE. *snort*