Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Things Out of the Corner of My Eye



I believe in ghosts.
For as long as I can remember I think I’ve been able to see them. I’m not like some who can have conversations. They are more like visual flashes with emotional imprint. Basically, I can tell when one is around and what they are feeling. That’s it.
That being said, I have no desire to commune with them. Why? They scare the %*&%* out of me. I think this stems from being a kid and being startled by strangers that would vanish or other people didn’t see. Add in mainstream horror movies and voila, I’m scarred. My old home in Canada held a lot of ghosts and I discovered my oldest son saw them too. I hate to admit it but it was one of the reasons why we moved.
Since moving to Vermont and even though my house is older than the one in Canada, I haven’t had any serious encounters. I’m a nurse and I’ve worked many hospitals across the country. Ghosts do hangout there. I’ll catch a glimpse here or there and keep it to myself. I usually worked in trauma ICU so there were  a lot of deaths on those units. It only made sense to see a few. The last six years I worked in the recovery room. The area was just built, brand spanking new and no deaths to my knowledge. I hadn’t seem a glimpse of a ghost.
Until now…
I’ve seen her twice. She’s appears in her twenties with a white sweater. I’ve caught glimpses of her out of the corner of my eye. I don’t sense any emotions from her except waiting.
So now, I’m waiting to…

 


Prima releasing April 22nd!
Sixth book of The Vanguard series

Annie Nicholas
www.annienicholas.com
www.annienicholas.blogspot.com