Monday, April 29, 2013

Now That's an Interesting Name... With Wendi Zwaduk

A lot of the time people will ask me about my name. Wendi. "Now that's an odd name." I don't think it is, but then it's mine and I've had it for over 30 years, so I would be used to it. The question I get the most is, "How did you get that name?"

Part of me wants to answer, the same way you did. My folks gave it to me. But I refrain. I'm honestly not sure how they came to that particular spelling or that name. I just know my name is Wendi.

I like to say it came from Peter Pan. They never said no, so that's a good start. And the name Wendy is mentioned in Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run". Who wouldn't want their name mentioned by the Boss? I know I would. So that works, too.

But this post really wasn't supposed to be about MY name. Nope. I had a moment. Yep, THAT moment. The moment when I said, "now that's a neat name" to someone else. Thankfully he didn't laugh at me or roll his eyes, although he could've/should've. Wasn't really my business to comment on his name.

But I did.

So you're probably wondering, what exactly were the circumstances in this situation...oh and what was his name? I was at the home store getting paint. He worked the paint counter. Nice looking guy, too. Would serve well as one of my heroes. Anyway, I noticed his name tag. Krieg. Hmm. Neat. So I said, that's a cool name. (Actually I think I used the word neat... being cool under pressure is SOOO not my strong point).

He smiled and said, "What, Kreig? It's nothing." (Pronounced Craig - like Daniel Craig)

"It's unique. I like it." (Again, I am NOT smooth under pressure.)

He smiled again and blushed, then handed me my incredibly boring pale blue paint.

I left the store and wrote down his name. Not to make a connection with him. Nope. Because I wanted to use his name for a character and I knew just which one. Turns out he's wolf shifter. Grin. Megan's going to have so much fun with him.

Have you ever met anyone with a unique name? What was it? How did you react? Or do YOU have a unique name? I'd love to know. :-)

~~


Want to know more about Wendi Zwaduk? Here you go:

I always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I earned a BA in education at Kent State University and currently hold a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. I’m published with Total-E-Bound, Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, Turquoise Morning Press, Decadent Publishing and The Wild Rose Press. Come join me for this fantastic journey!

If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!
~


Now here's a little bit more about my take on The Phantom of the OperaThe Phantom of the Opera
Gaston Leroux and Wendi Zwaduk
Total-E-Bound
Novel
historical
m/f, bdsm, spanking, multiple partners
Available here!


The Classics Exposed…

A chance sighting at the Opera, fated love, and three lives in turmoil.


One man pledges to own her, while another wants her heart. The Opera sets the stage for romance and intrigue. In the catacombs below the building lives a man rife with sorrow and passion. The Phantom. But he’s not content to live alone. He wants to possess the one woman who can set him free.

His Christine.

Viscount Raoul de Chagny doesn’t believe the rumours of a Ghost living below the Opera. He only has eyes for Christine, his childhood friend and first love. Together they embark on a sensual journey of discovery and fiery desire.

But she can only have one man. Will love raise her up or tear their world apart?

No comments: