Thursday, October 24, 2013

Things that go Bump in the Night

Halloween is upon us...well...almost. Some of my favorite memories involve dressing up and going to our local Volunteer Fire Department's haunted house. My mom would scream, my brothers would hide in my cloak, and I would grin maniacally at all the horror movie things I recognized. 

We'd break out the scariest (and funniest) movies a week before the big day. I would read my favorite passages from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (and the other two in the trilogy). We'd make scary spaghetti and ghoulish goulash. Don't forget the frankenstein fingers with some ghost goop to wash it all down with. 

As I grew into an adult I lost sight of what I loved about the holiday and focused on the busy side. Too much to do, not enough time. My tastes changed, as well. I love curling up with a wicked (and sultry) ghost or witch romance. Children's scary movies fit on my shelves next to the old school scares. 

This year my mom posted a picture on her Facebook wall of her scary spaghetti and I got nostalgic. 

For Halloween this year, I think we're going to grab our own candy and throw a ghoul party where the kids can invite their friends to stop by. We'll have some snacks and drinks while kid friendly movies play in the background. Then, when the little one is tuckered out, maybe we'll rock some scary thrillers just for fun. :D 

What traditions do you have? Will you be bringing some of your childhood fun to Halloween this year? 


Halloween Heat II: A fantastic trio of novellas by three of your favorite erotic romance authors
Haunting Melody St. Claire: Do you believe in love after life? I do. Believe with me...


3 comments:

Tina B said...

It sounds like you had so much fun with Halloween when you were young.
We don't really have any traditions other than taking the kids Trick or Treating. :)
I hope you enjoy your party!

J Hali Steele said...

Sounds like fun, Dawn, enjoy! Halloween is my 2nd fav Holiday, and with this one being so dang cold thanks for sharing those smoking hot covers!! I'm heated up.

Dawn Montgomery said...

I really loved Halloween as a kid! It's a lot of fun as an adult too. :D