Saturday, October 12, 2013

What is Scary???

Since this is the month of the scare holiday, I thought I'd share what I view as scary. Now I understand this will vary from person to person. I don't like the 'new' horror movies – aka slasher. Watching blood spray all over as people get dismembered doesn't scare me – it makes me sick. Now that's just me. I want 'old fashion' scary. And that means – to me – 'real' things. For example this is how I see spiders….



And I find this much more frightening 
than this…



Watching the movie Spiderman doesn't bother me but the movie Spiders – another story. To be honest I don't think I've made through the entire Spiders movie without pausing it and taking a time out.  Every weekend for the month of October hubby and I watch at least one 'scary' movie. This provides good cuddling time ;) and I get the house clean because I can't sleep – hahaha.

Of course a scary movie night needs a 'scary' drink – here's my recipe for a (if I drink too many then sleep is assured) Zombie cocktail!

Ingredients:
• 1 oz lime juice (fresh lime is always best)
• 1 oz light rum
• 1 oz golden rum
• 1 oz dark rum or anejo rum
• 1 oz orange juice
• 1 oz pineapple juice
• 1/2 oz cherry brandy
• 1 tsp. of simple syrup
To Mix:
Mix the ingredients well. Pour over ice.

I have a Halloween romance suspense novella out ~

Knock Knock…. Answer if you dare. 

New to Kanna, Florida, Lila Maxwell attends All Treats, a Halloween speed dating event in the hopes of meeting Prince Charming but instead one Halloween ghoul after another appears at her door until Cowboy Bill.

Jax Carlson has spent the last year focusing all of his attention on starting his own business. Hiring Lila Maxell over the Internet as his project manager was the completing task. Set to open for business in three days, Jax plans on spending a couple of days on his boat relaxing. However, his friend Erik has a different idea – a speed dating Halloween party. 

Jax has spent the night plotting the best revenge possible for Erik until Sally opens the door. The woman dressed in the pale lavender Harem costume ignites a fire that Jax thought was impossible without the aid of his formulated dating list. 

After a night of mind blowing sex, Lila sneaks out before they exchange real names believing it was no more than a one-night stand. 

When Lila reports to work she learns Cowboy Bill is actually Jax Carlson. She thinks keeping her hormones in check while convincing Jax that love doesn't follow a formula is complication enough until she learns the participants of the All Treats speed dating event are being killed.




No comments: